SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rosefolly_gw

Let's introduce ourselves, circa 2012

rosefolly
12 years ago

I was searching in my saved email for something entirely different when I came across the 2005 RP thread called "Let's Introduce Ourselves". There was a similar thread back in the 1990's but I don't have that one saved. Since it has now been seven years since the last one, I think it may be time for another round. I'll start it off.

I'm a lifelong reader with a particular interest in science fiction and fantasy, though I read all genres of fiction with enjoyment. Nonfiction topics that appeal to me include but are not limited to anything about the arts and crafts movement, heirloom plants, garden design, house design, textiles, sewing, and costume history. I am fascinated about odd factors that lead to history turning out the way it did. However I dislike reading anything political or biographical (except biographies of authors).

I was trained as a librarian and for many years worked for a small nonprofit that offered online databases to research libraries, that organization no longer in existence. That gives me more time for growing antique roses, walking in the hills, sewing clothes and quilts. and of course reading. I am married and have three adult children. For the past twenty odd years I have lived in northern California, though I was born and raised in a large family in Pennsylvania.

I've been posting here for a very long time. Rouan of this forum introduced me to it, and is one of my sisters. She has done many nice things for me over the years, and this is one of the nicest. Thanks, Rouan!

(And I never found the email I was originally looking for!)

Rosefolly

Comments (94)