SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dido1_gw

St David's Day - croeso.

dido1
18 years ago

A funny thing happened to me on my way to RP this morning..... Every time I clicked on 'Subject of Posting', the whole box simply disappeared and 'Safari' shut itself off! I'm posting here via Internet Explorer which is slow but so far is still with me.

Well, Croeso (welcome) to this white and chilly land. There was a heavy fall of snow during the night - unusual for us, down the Western side of Britain and so near the sea, but there we are. Chaos reigns, as it always does if there is any difficult Weather in this Great island of ours!

I've cleared a pathway outside the cave for visitors to the party, however. I was hoping Aeneas would have done that for me, he being so big and such a wopping great hero and all that, but he hasn't arrived yet. ( I hope he's not still trying to found Rome: I have told him that it was found many years ago, but I'm afraid his brain is not quite of a similar size and power to the rest of him - that is in the way of all great Heroes, I think. It's why they have no fear of anything: they are too stupid and insensitive)

Anyway, Grendal, my faithful monster is quiet for the moment, gnawing at the spine of a Giant-sized compendium volume of Barbara Cartland novels which I picked up cheap on E-bay, so you shouldn't have any trouble getting past him. If he should gruntle and growl, however, just chuck him some more pulp - he adores it.

The table is laid; all the decor is in green and red; daffodils abound in jars all around, amongst the stalagmites. It's leek soup to start; then there's a choice of allsorts like cockles and laverbread (a kind of seaweed, fried); bacon and laverbread; Welsh mountain lamb (which, if you remember, is sweeter than those from the valleys), beefsteaks, bara brith (bread with currents), Teisin lap (cake). And I am waiting, my green locks swirling down my back, wand in hand to perform any magic that might be needed, a copy of Gillian Clarke's Collected poems in a prime position for reading and bottles of 'Penderyn' whisky ready to welcome anyone who manages to struggle up the mountain.

Dido

Comments (15)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio