SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jmlewis70

Garden Drainage advice needed

17 years ago

I'm installing a drainage system in my garden and I have a number of questions if anyone can help. The house is a new build and the area has a high clay content which results in the garden being waterlogged during the winter, to the point that you can't walk on the turf for days later. I placed new turf down 2 years ago but because of this problem the turf is now very patchy and looks terrible in places. I've dug down 400mm's and placed clean chippings down then drainage pipe, on top of this I have back filled with clean chippings until theres about 75mm of top soil to place on top of the chippins. Ok, now the questions : 1. Where the pipes meet at a junction do I need to join them up or can I just but them up closely. 2. Will I need a soakaway and if so what size? 3. From the photos is there enough drainage in place? 4. Does it work? Please say yes to the last question because digging those trenches on my holiday during the heatwave does not really compare to sunning myself abroad! Thanks for your help. I'm pretty new to the forum and can't see where I post photos, if it helps I can send them later.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting