SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
saintin

Apple tree - Anna - finding a sister?

Saintin
15 years ago

Hi guys,

I haven't posted in a long time; I'm only just getting back into gardening now that it's raining a bit more in Brissy.

I have an apple tree that I rescued today from the nature strip I initially planted it in. From memory, it's a variety called Anna, supposedly low-chill, suited for sub-tropics etc. Dorset Golden was the suitable cross-pollinator I think.

I went along to Bunnings this afternoon to buy a pollinator for the tree I have, but apparently Bunnings haven't had apple trees in for ages (despite it being the same Bunnings where I bought the first tree). Their fruit tree selections were pretty abysmal as well, mostly citrus, with a macadamia, mulberries and an avocado too. The change in variety since I was last in there two years ago is horrifying.

Are there any nurseries in the Brisbane area stocking apple trees? Or mail order services that sell Dorset Golden?

Corey

P.S. I have a problem with the Anna, which I've posted in the Pests and Diseases forum: http://www.au.gardenweb.com/forums/load/pests/msg0709370226309.html

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Top Choice for Reliable Outdoor Construction