SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
meribast

Heartbreaking decision needs to be made.

MeriBast
18 years ago

Hi all,

It's been a while since I posted. So much has been going on that I have not had a chance to get to the computer very often :(

We need to sell our house. I need to move back to the city for health reasons. As a first home owner, it is sad enough that I only managed to live in my home for 18 months, and will need to go back to renting again. What is even sadder is the fact that I managed to put 70 rose bushes into the ground over the last 18 months and I don't want to leave them here.

I grew so attached to them all. I can name each and every one. I watched the first new shoots sprout that told me they had taken to their new home with ease. I watched the first flowers bloom, going outside every day to observe the buds open. I put the roses we saved from my mother's home into the ground here and saw them take off. Blackboy has transformed from a spindly straggling thing into a climber that has already stretched half way along the fence!

I have taken so many pictures of them all that they fill several cd's.

I have been watching the hips form, waiting patiently for them to ripen so I can sow the seeds and see what is produced. And now... now I have to leave. Well, I will have to leave SOON.

And I don't know what to do. I will miss them all so much that I cry just thinking about it. They have become like children to me. I just don't know if I should dig them up and pot them all and take them with me, or leave them in the ground where they are happy at the moment?

It seems selfish to want to take them out of the ground, but I love them all so much and I would hate to think that the place will be bought by someone who will not want them...someone who will neglect them or (worse) dig them up and throw them out!

I am not even sure that any cuttings I take will survive now. The frosts are here early this year :(

kind regards,

a very sad and confused Meri Bast.

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville