SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
clementhill

Hardware love & heartbreak...decisions to make!!

clementhill
4 years ago

Hi guys, you've all been wonderful helping me in the past. I come to you hat in hand because I simply CAN'T decide!!! And I don't really expect to find THE ANSWER but you never know and help is always appreciated. :-)

Here's the set-up: matte black leathered counters with 4" backsplash coming in 2+ weeks, natural barely tinted beech cabinets partially installed right now which are mostly drawers on lowers and doors above (no doors or drawers installed yet), stainless appliances, gray 'cloudy' 23"x12" floor tile, fawn colored hand-made ogee tiles for behind stove to ceiling only, satin nickel generally seems to be the go-to (faucet anyway)....Here are pics of where we are right now and examples of cabinet design and stove/wall tiles (I'll present my dilemma just after):

Okay....here's my two favorite pull and knob designs:

I have other options, but I LOVE the oil rubbed bronze and satin nickel pulls and I think they'll pair well with the dark counters and the dark trim around the window and along the baseboard. BUT, I don't know what to do with the upper cabinets if I end up going with those...use the same handles on the uppers, too? They do have some cute 4" matching handles. But I thought knobs might be best in the uppers. Flip that to the gorgeous 1 1/2" turquoise knobs with satin nickel bases. OMG, I love them both to bits. But if I go with the gorgeous turquoise on all the uppers.....I have to go with some standard satin nickel pulls on all the lowers. Or am I CRAZY?!?

I'd just love someone else's input who hasn't spent 102,000 hours looking at these stupid things. THANK YOU ALL!!!

Comments (19)