SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kevarose

almost got my rose order done but carabella or ???

kevarose
19 years ago

I am late as usual getting the rose order in. Still racked with indecision.

My new bed across the lawn (30 x 3 m) is getting ready. This was to be white and mauve roses with silver trees behind.

Then I went out and bought 5 ioensis plena crabapples (the salmony pink and white blooms). So now a new think. At one end there is a magnolia grandiflora (not in the new bed but near it) and at the other end a sliver birch grove. Where it will be sunny I want a mass of roses - big roses but not so high that they will overpower the crabapples that only get to about 3 metres or a bit less. I want roses that are dense and flower to the ground rather than spindly so maybe 1.5 m high and wide. it is growth habit and floriferousness that I am looking for and color, not for picking and not even fragrance as the number one determinant.

Possibilities are for a row of the following, either many of the same or a mixture:

carabella (apparently same colour as the crabapple blooms)

lucetta (apparently (same colour as the crabapple blooms)

stanwell perpetual - is this the same colour as the crabapple blooms???????

belle story - is this a bit spindly??

marie van houtte - but I am told she is the wrong pink beside the crabapples

mutabilis - 6 of these - but maybe it will overpower the crabapple feminine story

duchess de brabant - is she the same color as the crabapple blooms?????

jean ducher - is she the same color as the crabapple blooms????

any other ideas?

I do like the idea of 30 metres of the same rose planted so it merges into each other, even if I buy say 6 now and do cuttings. I do have a renae hedge (20 of these) growing not too far away and do not want to repeat this - or overpower the place with "feminine" colours as there is also a lot of cerise in the other parts of this garden

I was also given a Gloire de Lyonnaise and thought of a white row.

now totally confused - please help dear friends

Comments (10)

Sponsored