SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisa_saunders4176302

Provenza wood floors??? Has anyone used them? I am considering this co

julie andrews
9 years ago
Provenza wood floors??? Has anyone used them? I am considering this color Cimino!?? Help

Comments (364)

• nutrish91
    2 years ago

I am so glad I found this discussion. I too was considering Provenza engineered wood floors. I am also limited to the choices of the Toll Brothers design studio. Does anyone have experience with Anderson Tuftex white oak Noble hall style, or Shaw Oasis Oak, Repel with Stabilitek? Both are 1/2 inch planks. Ironically I called a local flooring store and they tried to steer me towards Provenza!

• Solo Hale
    2 years ago

Following

• forkwoods
    2 years ago

Looking for alternatives then. Love the look of Provenza Desert Haze. Who makes a quality floor that looks like that?

• Scot Hoffman
    2 years ago

Stay farrrrr away from Provenza we bought a brand new 2600 sq ft home with these horrible floors. the only way to keep them nice is to never walk on them. They spontaneously self destruct! if you do decide to make a stupid decision and get these horrible floors, do NOT put them in your kitchen or powder room. prepare yourself and buy plenty of socks and bandaids for the holes in your socks and splinters in your feet. The bigest most expensive mistake we ever made!!

• Caprini Richmond
    2 years ago

Thank you for my confirmation! I’m so glad I didn’t buy those floors!

• scott cummings
    2 years ago

We just want a way to fix the ones we have. They aren't as bad as a lot of these, but a friend's kid got the worst splinter I've ever seen. They wear fine, and we've been doing rentals. Our issue is that some boards are very rough (similar to the swiffer splinter issue above). On one of those boards, a friend's kid got the worst splinter I've ever seen. Took an agonizing 30 minutes to get it out and we were almost going to the ER. Would you have any recommendation on how to fill those boards with the issue? We're worried that it's going to happen to another kid (they shuffle feet and run more than adults;)).

• provenza_mad
    2 years ago

Scott - Please reach out to me on ListenUpProvenza@gmail.com

We currently have a good sized group that we are moving forward on actions against Provenza...I can catch you up to speed. Look forward to hearing from you!

• Cathy Hoffman
    2 years ago

One thing people aren't told is that you have to use different cleaners for the oil finishes. Nothing you can purchase at Target. The regular wood floor cleaners dry the floors out.

• PRO
    Sprucing Up Mamahood
    2 years ago

Hi! We have Provenza LVP floors and love them!! They are so durable and look very realistic. We have two young boys and a dog so we chose LVP over hardwood for the durability factor and I'm so happy that we did. Just wanted to share our experience in case anyone else is looking for more info on Provenza's LVP moda living collection floors! We've had them for a year now and have had no issues at all with the construction or quality of them.

I have a blog post here with more info as well:https://sprucingupmamahood.com/provenza-vinyl-flooring-review/

• Kathy Furt
    2 years ago

That’s because they aren’t real wood!! That’s a darling staircase

• Catlin Schneider
    2 years ago

I had 1000 sq feet of this flooring professionally installed two and half years ago. The finish is coming off in many high traffic areas and it looks like it is 20 years old already. Provenza will not take liability because they state that I don't maintain the floor properly. I've had hardwood in all my houses prior to this and maintained them all the same way. This hardwood is absolute garbage and they will not provide warranty due to their poor product. Run as fast and far away from this company as you can if you're thinking about installing it in your home.

• mashka1212
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

We just bought Provenza Jolie floors, one of their expensive lines... We got a completely different floor, not what I saw on the sample. The sample tells you, you will get light floors, with some variation of dark planks. We got all dark planks and completely different color stair noses. so far waiting on the rep to take them back.

oh and the best part is when our installer came to look at the floors, he said it's Grade D wood, the knots are bigger than two inches. Basically very cheap

This is the square nose and the plank next to it.

• pedburkhart
    2 years ago

I am thinking of purchasing around 950 sq ft of the provenza laminate style uptown chic flooring. After reading all the issue with provenza and how they aren't listing to there customers not sure I what to purchase this product. Has anyone had problem with the lvp style uptown chic flooring?

It sounds like provenza doesn't stand behind there guarantee.

• Pedro Valdez
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

A few weeks ago the wife dribbled olive oil off a plate over about 10 linear feet of our flooring (Old World Fossil Stone or something like that...I dunno....it's in an earlier post). Ugh! But a couple of days later a neighbor told me about Floor Dry diatomaceous earth...a cat litter-like product used for absorbing oil off your driveway. He had some, we crushed it up into powder, sprinkled (well...piled) it on to the stains, and covered it up. A couple days later I uncovered, stirred it up a bit and covered for a couple more days. I repeated that process a couple more times and, miraculously, no more olive oil stains. Totally blown away...thought the oil stains would never come out. So....there ya go!

• Cyndi Hamrick
    2 years ago

I used them in my entire house… absolutely beautiful! My favorite thing in the whole house!

• Cyndi Hamrick
    2 years ago

Mine were the most beautiful thing in my home.!

• HU-672743010
    2 years ago

We have it installed in the home we are building. There is a very detailed and specific protocol for installation and cleaning -

it must be covered after install and no harsh chemicals are to be used or the warranty is void. Our installers did not follow this protocol, they never covered and then proceeded to try to clean with harsh chemicals, and I dont know if we have any recourse or not. if anyone knows and can advise us - I would be grateful.

• Cyndi Hamrick
    2 years ago

Oh no… that is so sad.😞 They are so beautiful when they are installed correctly. I’m so sorry😒

• Jill H
    2 years ago

Even when installed perfectly they fall apart 😭

• Shawna Salvo
    2 years ago

I have Provenza vinyl plank in my basement and it is gorgeous! no issues whatsoever.

• Jill H
    2 years ago

Glad your vinyl is holding up. The real wood, not so much.

• drucilla_e
    2 years ago

I appreciate those on this forum who have specifically addressed Provenza vinyl planks. I am about to push the button to purchase 2000 sq ft of their vinyl plank flooring. I've seen two or three positive reviews of the vinyl planks on this forum, but would sure like to see more, considering that the company itself doesn't seem very customer friendly.

• jyoti patel
    2 years ago

do we need to put underlayment with provenza moda living for acoustic barrier?

• jyoti patel
    2 years ago

how to clean moda living?

• Kathy Furt
    2 years ago

So what does that tell you?? I would never buy LVP anything. Just get linoleum that looks like wood.

• Bethany Radloff
    last year

If you’re thinking of installing the engineered hardwood, run. These floors are total garbage. We followed all the recommendations, used floor pads, used the specific cleaner listed on their website and the finish is literally peeling off the floor and my children have gotten multiple splinters. We installed them in our newly built home in 2019 and within months we could tell we made a mistake. Now 3 years later we feel they need to be replaced.

• C Y
    last year

We just installed 2000 sf of the affinity delight engineered hardwood. They look gorgeous just like the Sample. There is one plank that has a potential splinter issue that the store told me to get wood filler to fix. I hope they last but for now am very satisfied.

• Pedro Valdez
    last year

Update to my post from about 5 months ago about how the wife dribbled olive oil off a plate over about 10 linear feet of our flooring (Old World Fossil Stone or something like that). The stains did re-appear, but not as bad. We will lay down more of the oil-absorbtion powder in an effort to attack the spots again.

• Pedro Valdez
    last year
    last modified: last year

Overall update to my 6 or 7 previous posts and Comments about our Fossil Old World engineered wood plank floors in this thread (may have to click on "load previous Comments" to see them). I initially started out very happy with this flooring selection, but would definitely not use this same flooring again, for our lifestyle. They are unforgiving if you have a disaster, like spilled olive oil, of if you upgrade your 65 lb German Shepherd to the 100-pounder model that drools and spills out of his flabbery jowels a half-cup of water and drool at a time every time he drinks from the water bowl. Every. Single. Time. And those claws? They are the size of tines on a bow rake. If I were to do it over, which I may have to do at some point sooner than I had hoped for, I would've tiled the kitchen (like everyone told me to do originally but I was too stubborn to listen) and used a laminate like Mohawk Revwood everywhere else. Get rid of the dog? Not a chance!

• Vivian Richieri
    last year

Pedro, thanks for your honest post. I agree that big slobber dogs and wood floors are not ideal, but I’m not getting rid of either one. My carpet looks worse than the wood floor. We installed Garrison French connection in oak caffe and we just lowered our expectations on longevity. The pics from up above, however, look like someone used a rolling chair on their floor. yikes!

• likestonehomes
    last year
    last modified: last year

We have lauzon engineered hickory floors. Dogs, big and small and more visitor dogs, kids and everything in between. Now going in 3 yrs. No regrets!

• HU-3418863
    last year

We have just built a new house in Alberta and installed about 1800 sq ft of one of their engineered hardwood floors are waiting to move in due to our concerns of how creaky the new floor is anyone else have a issues with new creaky floor product??

• dreaminblue
    last year

Just installed Provenza Luxury Vinyl Planks and just after 12 months, there are spots all over the floor. They look like 3 to 4-inch round bleached-looking circles scattered on all the planks all over the flooring like some kind of discoloration. I used the recommended cleaning product. The manufacturer representative denied the claim saying something was spilled on the flooring. That is ridiculous since 1, I live alone and am very neat, and two these are vinyl planks, if something was spilled it would not be spreading in round spots all through the new flooring. If anyone else has had this experience please let me know.

• Moh Rahman
    last year

@dreaminblue which color/collection did you have this issue with? We’re you able to get it fixed?

• Lorrie S
    last year

We had Provenza Old World Fossil Stone installed in our last house in 2015, they were the best floors. They looked almost like unfinished wood, but didn’t show footprints or dirt, I loved them. I had used the Woca oil soap to mop them and that sealed them really well. But then the house burnt down in 2017.
    We decided not to rebuild and bought a house in a different area and have just had it remodeled. I insisted that I wanted these floors again, even though the flooring store no longer carried any Provenza flooring. They were willing to order it, so I ordered it. I saw some of the floor as it was being installed and I was shocked, the finish isn’t the same! They are now made with a very thick plastic looking topcoat and I swear they look like fake wood floors, they look like Formica. You can run your fingernail across the grain and it’s smooth, there’s no texture. This is absolutely not the UV oil finished floor I had before. It shows every footprint and but of dust and smear. I hate this floor. I’m so upset. We have looked into sanding off the finish, and have tested a few samples. The coating is so hard and thick it’s not coming off easily. If it’s sanded we still have the finish in the microbevel between boards and the contractor isn’t sure how to get the finish out of the bevel. It’s a complete nightmare.

• dreaminblue
    last year

My flooring contractor hired an independent inspector which proved the finish was coming off the top layer of the flooring with only using damp water to clean it. Provena has tried to blame me that I don't clean the floors well, and accused me of putting an oil finish on the floors, Will never ever use this flooring company again, - better off to install real wood floors then to have something that looks like crap after 6 months.

• HU-485617171
    last year

Looking to install Weathered Oak in our kitchen and Living room. Any thoughts

• Bethany Radloff
    last year

I wouldn’t unless you’re very very careful the finish will start to peel. Definitely don’t do in the kitchen. Any bit of water, even if you wipe it up will quickly destroy the finish.

• Nancy Armstrong
    last year

Don’t use the products I have the oil finish floors and need to replace everywhere. Terrible

• Pedro Valdez
    9 months ago

Lorrie S, can you send me a link showing the exact Woca oil soap you used? I want to try it. I'm guessing it was the Woca Oil Refreshing Soap? If it was this soap, did you use "natural" or "Whitewash" version?

https://wocawoodcare.com/products/woca-oil-refresher-hardwood-maintenance

• Cyndi Hamrick
    9 months ago

Thanks so much for all the responses! I think I will use another brand. Any suggestions?

• HU-783414413
    7 months ago

Just have to chime in! My Provenza Affinity floors were installed six months ago, and they are still as gorgeous as the day that they were installed. I bought them from a highly reputable company who also installed them.

• Jeff Smith
    4 months ago

Completely confused reading above regarding Provenza engineered hardwoods. Is the engineered floor good or bad (by Provenza)? This is a new build with (maybe) engineered hardwood called "Tresor" Lyon polyurethane European Oak by Provenza. It's wide plank (https://www.provenzafloors.com/hardwood/detail?sku=PRO2505&color=Lyon&collection=Tresor). The wood will be glued to concrete slab over radiant heat coils. We will install ourselves into about 2000 sq ft, not bathrooms or selected other rooms. The house elevation is high, at 9400 feet in the mountains. We plan to open the extensive doors and windows during warmer times of the year very often. We don't plan to have a whole house or local humidifier. Humidity is about 40% to 60% throughout the year (outside) in this mountain region. The samples so far have no splinters but maybe they only provide the choice "planks"? We haven't paid for it yet but this wood is our top choice.

• HU-783414413
    4 months ago

Our elevation is about 11,000 feet and we keep air conditioner on during the warmer months and heat on during the cooler months. Our floors are also glued down over a slab with no coils underneath.

We have the Affinity selection which is European oak with polyurethane finish. Our thickness is 1/2 inch while your thickness is more preferable at 5/8 inch.

Our floors are now nine months old and I’m more in love with them than ever! We did order them from a reputable store who also installed them. The owner is a friend, and I know he only sells quality products. Provenza recommends that you do not order them off the internet.

I love the bigger widths - ours is 7.48 inches wide. It looks like your selection is very nice! I chose Affinity because I needed a darker color with less color variation.

These reviews scared me. But the Provenza floors are just so pretty and don’t look like plastic! My hardwoods always had a smooth satin finish on them in my other houses. I’m enjoying the wire brushed finish for a change. I
    Hope this helped.

• Jeff Smith
    4 months ago

@ HU-783414413 Wow even higher than us! Our Provenza will also have a polyurethane finish. The Affinity looks good, too. I'm thinking maybe the products have changed (Provenza) over time? Companies change their product lines, sometimes improving and sometimes not; the Provenza engineered wood isn't cheap, so maybe it will work for us. We're also ordering from a local store that we've dealt with before. However, we will install ourselves, most likely. I agree with you on the vinyl floors; we were going to buy vinyl and then the more I looked at it the more fake it looked. Yes, vinyl has its advantages but if a person can easily tell the plastic floor from real wood then they should maybe go with real wood (in this case - engineered wood).

• Stacey T
    2 months ago

I was going to install Provenza Affinity in our new home. But with all these bad reviews I’m afraid. I think I’ll look at ADM Flooring again. I couldn’t find one bad review so I think that says a lot in comparison to Provenza. Too bad. I really loved the Affinity colors.

• Dan Longman
    2 months ago

We installed Provenza floors in our master bedroom about 3 years ago and love them! I was reluctant at first because of the negative reviews and high price but we loved the look of them. We hired a well respected floor guy that convinced us they were fine and he was right. They still look great!

• HU-783414413
    2 months ago

Dan, your experience sounds just like mine. I was sooooo scared after reading these reviews. My floors have been down now for eleven months. I have the Affinity collection…. I couldn’t find a better color and I searched and searched! I don’t want to jinx it, but my floors have kept up beautifully! They’re so rich looking. I agree that someone needs to buy them at a respectable place and have them installed properly. This makes such a big difference imo.

It’s a shame about the negative reviews that Provenza received here.

Good luck, Stacey.
    Jeff, I’d love to know what you ended up doing.

• Shawna Salvo
    2 months ago

We have Provenza floors in our basement and we love them. We get so many compliments on the way they look. My friends cannot believe it's not hardwood. They look great and their colour selection are excellent.

• HU-769994050
    last month

Im interested in the provenza stonescape collection in the color shooting star. Can anyone tell me their experience with this luxury vinyl tile?

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH