SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vanessa_carla

has anyone installed Provenza First Crush LVP ?

Vanessa Carla
5 years ago
I’m looking for pictures but can’t find any

Comments (180)

• Lisa Giametta
    2 years ago

Has anyone that installed Provenza Moda Living with a turn without a threshhold ?? we have a hallway that turns about 30-45 degrees and we having trouble figuring out how we will get the most seamless look.

• Alyce Brennan
    2 years ago

@Kimberly Stone What color are your walls in the hallway behind your kitchen? I have a sample of First Crush and the light makes it look like it has a greenish tint for some reason but the wall color looks similar to ours.

• Related Discussions

has anyone had issues with splinters and scrapes from provenza LVP?

Q

Comments (8)
    You've ordered LVP = vinyl. Splinters should not ben an issue. Splinters traditionally come from wood. Scrapes are odd things to happen. It implies you dragged a refrigerator across the floor. the only thing that survives that (aesthetically...all floors will 'survive' you just won't be happy with the look) is porcelain tile. Can you be more specific with your concerns?
    ...See More

Has anyone installed Provenza LVP Fire N' Ice?

Q

Comments (7)
    I like them a lot. I wanted a more modern look with less variation and I think they deliver. They can have a tendency to look “stripey,” which I’m sure you noticed in the Provenza website pics. I had it run to minimize that effect, looking down the boards instead of across them, if that makes sense. (You can see in my pics how some of the planks go from light to dark in one plank.)
    ...See More

Affordable LVP alternative to Provenza finally mine or first crush

Q

Comments (3)
    It is going to be tough to find similar in 1/2 the price. Those sell from $5.5 to $6.5/sqft depending on where you see them. Moda living has an 8mm total thickness. Make sure you compare apple to apple for your LVP searching.
    ...See More

Provenza LVP "First Crush" saw marks

Q

Comments (4)
    I ordered a couple boxes of First Crush to layout on the floor. I read one persons comments about a few hundred dollars being a good investment into making sure the color is right. Good advice. Thanks for the comments back. They are all appreciated!
    ...See More
  • Mary Johnson
    2 years ago

We are about to put Provenza first crush in our enrire house and stairs. Does anyone have them installed on their staircase? I would love to see pictures of them on some stairs. We called Timberland in Houston today and spoke to Odi, she quoted us $4.69 per square foot for 3435 square feet.

• kimberlysstone
    2 years ago

@Alyce Brennan our walls are Benjamin Moore simply white in eggshell.

• Kandice M
    2 years ago

Hi Mary,
    I hope Odi can help you out she is great to work with. Here is a picture of the stairs.

• Lisa
    2 years ago

I am in Jax, FL and would love to have this flooring installed in our home. Can anyone direct me as I can't find it in my area!

• Mary Johnson
    2 years ago

Hey Kandice! Thank you so much for the picture of your stairs. We have a bend in the staircase too like yours and I was worried how it would look. It looks great on your stairs. I’ll tell Odi you said ”hi” ;)

• Karen
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

@Lisa. I'm in Tampa. I received a quote for Provenza floors from both ProSource in Tampa and Sticks & Stones Flooring in Sarasota 4 months ago. At the time, the flooring was backordered and we were forced to make another selection. I see that ProSource has a location in Jacksonville, but Sticks & Stones will also ship. Best wishes.

• Lisa Torres
    2 years ago

Thank you! I checked with ProSource. They tell me it will be back in stock 2/18!

• christop00
    2 years ago

Was the price at ProSource sub $5 sq ft?

• Lisa Torres
    2 years ago

Yes. But I was told it was going up .50 per sq ft on 2/1.

• Yana
    2 years ago

@Karen thank you for the Camarilla Oak floor pictures! They look amazing! Do you mind sharing what the floors cost? In my area (DFW) I'm getting quoted between $6.74 - $6.99 and I'm trying to gauge if I should keep looking for a better price or look for something else. I'm kind of in love with these floors so I'm trying to make it work with my budget.

• Karen
    2 years ago

@yana I paid $4054 (materials only including 900 sq ft LVP, one transition piece and sales tax) at the end of Nov 2021. Simple math gives $4.50/ft out the door w transition pc.

• Richard Rainer
    2 years ago

Where did you order from?

• Rich Rainer
    2 years ago

Just scored 2600 sq/ft of first crush for $4.35 sq/ft in virginia. i played all 4 retailers against each other. price started @ $6,50 sq/ft. Can’t wait for it to arrive.

• filesw
    2 years ago

Ok. My husband travels for work and is very nervous that these will look and more importantly feel like a hotel floor…how do these feel? Solid? Rubber-like? Do they look real?

• Helene Geigelman
    2 years ago

@filesw, these floors feel soft and warm under foot. I love the feeling. Having this floor installed was the best decision I made in my home renovation! Not rubber like at all. Feels and looks like real wood.

• Yana
    2 years ago

Just fyi best price I found for the Camarilla Oak was $5.71/sqft at Prosource DFW Texas area.

• Lauren Fuhrig
    2 years ago

Karen- I am in Tampa and Pro source quoted me over $6/sq ft. Where did you buy from?

• Taryn Rowland
    last year

@rich Rainer where did you get quotes from in in va also

• filesw
    last year

We bought in Colorado last month for under 5.35 a sq Ft

• Rich Rainer
    last year

Taryn, i ended buying from cherry carpet in portsmouth, but the key is to leverage prosource before you buy. prosource will match or beat any quoted price. Everyones intial quote will be high but just use it as a starting point. not sure where in VA you are but search the provenzza site for authorized dealers and get to work. we start at $6.50 and end at $4.15. just finished the install, so happy with the purchase.

• maxineshell
    last year

It's amazing the variation in colors in different pictures, here and on Instagram. I pretty much like them all so I've gone with First Crush. That's actually what it was, I saw it in the store and hadn't heard of it but liked it right away. Should maybe be called Love at First Sight.

• filesw
    last year

More of our first crush.

• filesw
    last year

Here is the beginning of First Crush being laid down in our living room.

• Kelsie Buccellato
    last year

Can anyone give me the contact number for Odi?

• mschury
    last year

I would love Odi’s number too!

• Justin Thibodeaux
    last year

@filesw I am in the middle of building our dream home and am going with tongue and groove ceiling and first crush floor. Your ceiling looks amazing! PLEASE SHARE the details on wood type, style, stain, etc. Thanks!!

• Danielle Loiacano
    last year

Hs anyone used factorydirectfloorstore.com for First Crush? I we decided to do our upstairs and it looks cheaper then our local store.

• HU-511799129
    last year

@Jason Heroux Is there any chance you could send some more photos of your soul mate flooring? I'm having a hard time finding photos, yours are the only ones I could find! Its so hard to tell from a small sample. How are liking the floors so far? When you move the sample around to different lighting it changes so much. I'm looking for a rustic brown, not too much gray tones. A little is ok, I like a more ashy look, but dont want too gray. You're help would be greatly appreciated!!

• Danielle Loiacano
    last year

I need paint color options for first crush. I'm looking to warm up my space. I currently have repose gray which looks fine but I want to update. What color paint do you love with your first crush floors?

• HU-511799129
    last year

Have you looked at SW Basalt Powder?

• Helene Geigelman
    last year
    last modified: last year

I used Benjamin Moore Simply White. I love it!

• Kelsie Buccellato
    last year

I used at ease floors with SW pure white trim and BM simply white for walls and love it!

• Jan Donovan
    last year
    last modified: last year

@Karen Is the Camarrilo Oak engineered wood or LVP?

• Jeri Pursifull
    last year

Provenza Moda First Crush flooring

• meggen Lloyd
    last year

Does anyone have any remnant pieces of First Crush? A few years ago, I purchased enough for our first floor. At the time, I ordered extra for a future bathroom remodel, but not enough! Just tried to lay it and I'm THREE PIECES short! I would love to be able to purchase someone's leftovers! 712.898.2222

• Rae O’Grady
    last year

I love the looks but how is first crush holding up?

• Jan Donovan
    10 months ago

@Kelsie Buccalleto. What type of flooring do you have, very nice!

• Jan Donovan
    10 months ago

What color is First Crush, sometimes it looks gray, sometimes not?

• Jennifer Philabaum
    9 months ago

Anyone used first crush with rift cut white oak cabinets and come up with a stain that goes well together?

• Sarah Gettinger
    8 months ago

Jennifer Philabaum- We are matching a white oak handrail to First Crush. I was told you can take a piece of the wood (maybe a cabinet door in your case) and a piece of First Crush to a professional paint store like SW or Benjamin Moore and they will customize a stain for you. We tried a bunch of premade stains from Minwax on a piece of scrap wood and we weren't getting anywhere.

• HU-751872317
    8 months ago

Im looking to see if anyone has matched a stain to first crush as well

• Lily Wong
    8 months ago

@yana wow you paid almost $6/SF for a vinyl that is only 7mm in total thickness? That's why it's best to shop around. Some stores gave me like $5.5/SF for the 8mm 20mil wear layer Medieval Floors Madrid lvp, when another Carpet One stores gave me like $5.50/SF for the Medieval Floors Super SPC Madrid 10mm total thickness 30mil wear layer lvp and we still shopping around as we have like 3,000.

• leftontheinside
    5 months ago

Does anyone have a recent install of Frist Crush? The supplier or mg'er must have changed.

Even the pininterest image has saw marks on it which samples don't have.

I'm comparing Trisha Heckendorn vs Jeri Pursifull recent images and they are nothing alike. Its not a color thing its a pattern difference that is significantly different.

Are people buying online or from unauthorized retailers and therefore we're seeing these differences?

• Heather Caldwell
    5 months ago
    last modified: 5 months ago

I had mine for 1.5 years. A piece started seperating and Provenza said it was a defective plank. They sent me $100 and a new box. its in the middle of the floor. I am

not sure who is going to rip up an entire floor for $100 to replace a plank. I ended up using glue. I would pick a different brand. I have not been impressed.

• leftontheinside
    5 months ago

@heather caldwell

Is that the top layer separating or did the joint fail?

I just had a defective plank in the middle of my Shaw lvp floor. They where able to replace without a problem. It was free as it was under warranty.

Wouldn't your installer address this?

• Sarah Gettinger
    5 months ago

leftontheinside We got our First Crush installed a few weeks ago, and there are saw marks. Some of our samples made them look very busy, and others didn't have them at all. We went through a local flooring store. The saw marks are definitely there, but not noticeable when looking at the floor as a whole (I looked at a lot of pictures because the saw marks were almost a deal breaker). We love the floors. They are beautiful!

HU-751872317 We got a custom taupe stain made that coordinates well with the floor. If you still need something, I can get the formula.

• guabee
    4 months ago

We had such a hard time deciding on first crush or finally mine. I’m so glad we chose the lighter of the two… first crush. We absolutely love it! It picks up a little warmer hue in the evening but for the most part the picture with the fireplace is what it resembles most. The up close picture is spot on as far as color, except right up next to the cabinet is some paint overspray. ☹️. Hope this helps someone decide on their floor color.