SHOP BY DEPARTMENT
Houzz Logo Print
vanessa_carla

has anyone installed Provenza First Crush LVP ?

Vanessa Carla
4 years ago
I’m looking for pictures but can’t find any

Comments (159)

• Lisa Giametta
    last year

@Ashlie Brady- thank you so much for all the great info!! are you installing on a slab or subfloor ?

• Ashlie Brady
    last year

@Lisa Giametta I am installing over a concrete slab. I do want to mention that I am now second guessing the vapor barrier ONLY because I have read that it can be noisy under the floor if it is not laid perfectly flat (which is hard to do with plastic that has been rolled and/or folded up for packaging).

It can make the floors sound crunchy as the plastic crinkles. According to the provenza flooring install instructions, you don't HAVE to have one directly under the flooring and on top of the slab. It just requires that there be one BETWEEN the slab of your house and the GROUND. Since my home was built in the 80's I have no way of knowing the condition of the barrier that was placed when the home was built or if one even was 😩

However, seeing as how I'm terrified of the plastic making noise under the flooring, I may just not even use the vapor barrier and trust that there is a functioning one under my slab. Provenza doesn't require one under the floors so I know I'll still be good on warranty. I think I'm more scared of a noisy floor than I am the condition of the vapor barrier under my slab. I know this probably confused you even more about what to do lol. Sorry!

• Related Discussions

Has anyone installed Provenza Soft Whisper LVP?

Q

Comments (7)
    Peggy, as you can see from the above picture at ease and soft whisper look nothing alike. They are very gray. I was wanting a more natural color so because of that I’m unhappy. I also feel like the pattern repeats itself way too much and the flooring guy my builder used did not pay attention to that. Unfortunately I was not made aware of the day they were laying the flooring so I didn’t see it until they were done. 😩 its a much longer story but best to leave there
    ...See More

Affordable LVP alternative to Provenza finally mine or first crush

Q

Comments (3)
    It is going to be tough to find similar in 1/2 the price. Those sell from $5.5 to $6.5/sqft depending on where you see them. Moda living has an 8mm total thickness. Make sure you compare apple to apple for your LVP searching.
    ...See More

Has anyone installed Provenza Breathless or Buttercups LVP flooring?

Q

Comments (0)
    Need help to decide which Provenza Moda Living/Uptown Chic to choose. I couldn't find any Provenza Breathless sample in local stores. Saw one Buttercups sample and love it but don't know how it would look installed. If you have photos of your installed floor please share. Also is the bevels the main difference of Moda Living and Uptown Chic?
    ...See More

Has anyone installed Provenza London Fog LVP? Looking for pictures.

Q

Comments (1)
    THere is no way to see this in someone elses home and make a decision . If at all possiblreget a box lay it in your home with your stuff and your lighting that is the only way to do this if you are really concerned.
    ...See More
  • HU-29917913776
    last year
    last modified: last year

First crush: Planks laid out from open box of First Crush. There doesnt seem to be much variation in color from plank to plank. Does anyone know if there are more color variations from box to box? Also, when planks not in direct sunlight, they are darker than the pics Im seeing on Instagram. Making me nervous. Wanted this color after seeing all the beautiful pics on Instagram. Hopefully,, there will be more variation and they wont be as dark once installed.

• JN1355
    last year

So excited about our decision to install First Crush! Thank you for this super helpful post!!

• klillegard
    last year

@saphire288 did you have any luck in Wisco finding a good price? just went looking at flooring yesterday and couldnt find anything good under 5.99/sf 😳

• Karen
    last year

@HU-29917913776 did you ever install the First Crush floors? Were you happy with them? I am looking for a soft light brown without much gray.

For those who have installed First Crush and any other Provenza floor, do they coordinate well with what I call natural elements such as light to mid-color wicker, light to medium woods? It seems that so many floors that I've seen appear pinkish gray and unnatural when I put them near items from nature. I tried putting things like dried leaves, plants, throw blankets, etc. near them, and the pinker grayer floors seemed to have a more unnatural look. Any thoughts?

• Heather Caldwell
    last year

Just installed First Crush throughout the entire house. Any suggestions on the best products/ways to clean them?

• Karen
    last year

@Kimberly Stone Which floor color did you install? They are gorgeous. Thanks .The longer I wait, the more the prices increase! ugh!

• Kimberly Stone
    last year

Mine are first crush. Still love them months later.

• Karen
    last year

@Kimberly Stone Thanks kim. I ordered my floors a couple of weeks ago. The lead time on the Provenza would have taken until January or February, so I ended up with Hallmark Floors - Courtier line, Camarilla Oak color.

• HU-3577418
    last year

@Karen Does the Camarilla Oak have any gray?

• Karen
    last year

@HU-3577418 Yes, it does have a little bit of gray in it. I will post some photos from another person's installation later tonight and can post of my house in 2 weeks, if that will help.

• Karen
    last year

@HU-3577418 - see photos from someone else’s install. Hallmark floors Camarilla Oak 9” SCP.

• Karen
    last year

Camarilla Oak in my new build. They are the rigid core/Stone center and won't dent easily, but they feel a bit hard on my feet. (I can't usually walk barefoot on tile as I have plantar fasciitis, so will need to wear shoes with these floor. If tile doesn't bother you, they are good.

• Martha Swango
    last year

I’ve read some mention Timberline. what city/state is this in? has anyone gotten less than $5.00 per square foot recently? @Kandice how long ago did you purchase? and you got First Crush for $2.25?

• Martha Swango
    last year

@Kandi what dealer was in AZ that had a good price shipping?

• Desiree Erica
    last year

Love seeing all the photos of First Crush. It is beautiful. We ordered First Crush for our entire house and are very excited to see it in person.

• Trisha Heckendorn
    last year

This is Provenza First Crush. Just installed it, looks amazing, will have to see how it holds up.

• Jason Heroux
    last year

We considered First Crush and went with Soul Mate, a bit darker and has more greys. We love the look, just thought Id share if anyone was looking for a more driftwood look. Also in the Provenza Moda Living Collection.

• Jason Heroux
    last year

Different lighting, Soul Mate

• Jason Heroux
    last year

And last one, Soul Mate

• Lisa Giametta
    last year

Has anyone that installed Provenza Moda Living with a turn without a threshhold ?? we have a hallway that turns about 30-45 degrees and we having trouble figuring out how we will get the most seamless look.

• Alyce Brennan
    last year

@Kimberly Stone What color are your walls in the hallway behind your kitchen? I have a sample of First Crush and the light makes it look like it has a greenish tint for some reason but the wall color looks similar to ours.

• Mary Johnson
    last year

We are about to put Provenza first crush in our enrire house and stairs. Does anyone have them installed on their staircase? I would love to see pictures of them on some stairs. We called Timberland in Houston today and spoke to Odi, she quoted us $4.69 per square foot for 3435 square feet.

• kimberlysstone
    last year

@Alyce Brennan our walls are Benjamin Moore simply white in eggshell.

• Kandice M
    last year

Hi Mary,
    I hope Odi can help you out she is great to work with. Here is a picture of the stairs.

• Lisa
    last year

I am in Jax, FL and would love to have this flooring installed in our home. Can anyone direct me as I can't find it in my area!

• Mary Johnson
    last year

Hey Kandice! Thank you so much for the picture of your stairs. We have a bend in the staircase too like yours and I was worried how it would look. It looks great on your stairs. I’ll tell Odi you said ”hi” ;)

• Karen
    last year

@Lisa. I'm in Tampa. I received a quote for Provenza floors from both ProSource in Tampa and Sticks & Stones Flooring in Sarasota 4 months ago. At the time, the flooring was backordered and we were forced to make another selection. I see that ProSource has a location in Jacksonville, but Sticks & Stones will also ship. Best wishes.

• Lisa Torres
    last year

Thank you! I checked with ProSource. They tell me it will be back in stock 2/18!

• christop00
    last year

Was the price at ProSource sub $5 sq ft?

• Lisa Torres
    12 months ago

Yes. But I was told it was going up .50 per sq ft on 2/1.

• Yana
    10 months ago

@Karen thank you for the Camarilla Oak floor pictures! They look amazing! Do you mind sharing what the floors cost? In my area (DFW) I'm getting quoted between $6.74 - $6.99 and I'm trying to gauge if I should keep looking for a better price or look for something else. I'm kind of in love with these floors so I'm trying to make it work with my budget.

• Karen
    10 months ago

@yana I paid $4054 (materials only including 900 sq ft LVP, one transition piece and sales tax) at the end of Nov 2021. Simple math gives $4.50/ft out the door w transition pc.

• Richard Rainer
    10 months ago

Where did you order from?

• Rich Rainer
    10 months ago
    last modified: 10 months ago

Just scored 2600 sq/ft of first crush for $4.35 sq/ft in virginia. i played all 4 retailers against each other. price started @ $6,50 sq/ft. Can’t wait for it to arrive.

• filesw
    10 months ago

Ok. My husband travels for work and is very nervous that these will look and more importantly feel like a hotel floor…how do these feel? Solid? Rubber-like? Do they look real?

• Helene Geigelman
    9 months ago
    last modified: 9 months ago

@filesw, these floors feel soft and warm under foot. I love the feeling. Having this floor installed was the best decision I made in my home renovation! Not rubber like at all. Feels and looks like real wood.

• Yana
    9 months ago

Just fyi best price I found for the Camarilla Oak was $5.71/sqft at Prosource DFW Texas area.

• Lauren Fuhrig
    9 months ago

Karen- I am in Tampa and Pro source quoted me over $6/sq ft. Where did you buy from?

• Taryn Rowland
    8 months ago

@rich Rainer where did you get quotes from in in va also

• filesw
    8 months ago

We bought in Colorado last month for under 5.35 a sq Ft

• Rich Rainer
    8 months ago

Taryn, i ended buying from cherry carpet in portsmouth, but the key is to leverage prosource before you buy. prosource will match or beat any quoted price. Everyones intial quote will be high but just use it as a starting point. not sure where in VA you are but search the provenzza site for authorized dealers and get to work. we start at $6.50 and end at $4.15. just finished the install, so happy with the purchase.

• maxineshell
    6 months ago

It's amazing the variation in colors in different pictures, here and on Instagram. I pretty much like them all so I've gone with First Crush. That's actually what it was, I saw it in the store and hadn't heard of it but liked it right away. Should maybe be called Love at First Sight.

• filesw
    6 months ago

More of our first crush.

• filesw
    6 months ago

Here is the beginning of First Crush being laid down in our living room.

• Kelsie Buccellato
    5 months ago

Can anyone give me the contact number for Odi?

• mschury
    5 months ago

I would love Odi’s number too!

• Justin Thibodeaux
    5 months ago

@filesw I am in the middle of building our dream home and am going with tongue and groove ceiling and first crush floor. Your ceiling looks amazing! PLEASE SHARE the details on wood type, style, stain, etc. Thanks!!

• Danielle Loiacano
    4 months ago

Hs anyone used factorydirectfloorstore.com for First Crush? I we decided to do our upstairs and it looks cheaper then our local store.