SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
claire_de_luna

I tried three new recipes today...

claire_de_luna
14 years ago

The first was Ginger's Cheese Puffs. It reminded me of fondue that you can pull out of the freezer and bake for a hot appetizer. I have yet to try it, but it looks good and was fun to make.

I also made some home-made yeast rolls, trying to find a better recipe than the one I tried at Thanksgiving and failed so miserably with. There was the tail end of a pot of Ham and Corn Chowder that needed some rolls to go with them. I'm also experimenting with the overnight rise, and baking the extra pan tomorrow.

Last but not least, were some Cream Cheese Pecan Cookies from a recipe I have saved for at least a year, and rediscovered today. Delicious!

Tomorrow, I'm making Linda's Blue Cheese Cocktail Cookies, which would be a good pairing with Ginger's Cheese Puffs, as the cocktail cookies use the egg yolks I had left from the egg whites I needed for the cheese puffs.

I may also try another bread, so I can do a taste test. It looks like we may have snow tomorrow, so baking seems like a good thing to do.

It's very odd for me to make three new recipes in one day, and then plan to do it again tomorrow. I saw Linda is making a new bread today; I hope it turns out well! Did anyone else experiment today?

My kitchen is a complete mess and I don't care!

Comments (7)

Sponsored
John Romans Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full Service, Turn-Key Construction & Design Company