SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
junkyardgirl

Strange situation with my sister (long)

junkyardgirl
16 years ago

My sister and I were close at one time, then the time came when she went completely mad and did a lot of things that hurt me to the core. She knew she was hurting me, and didn't seem to care at all. Now she's older, not well, and is having to care for her BF, who is 87, and my mother, who is 89. I don't feel sorry for her, but that's another story.

Anyway, she called today and offered to give me money to fix up my house and sell it. I asked her what was in it for her (because she never does anything for free) and she said absolutely nothing, that she just wanted to help me, because I seem unhappy. I'm not unhappy. Not happy with the state of my house, but it isn't falling down, and I love it here.

She had talked to me earlier this year when my mother was ill, and I had to go up there, about me moving up there and building a house on her property. HA! Fat chance! That would be like living next door to a mad dog with a long chain!

She has always been VERY selfish, and VERY money mad. Her BF is only her BF because she found out he had money, and no children or heirs, so she moved in and started taking care of him so she could get it all, which she will. He's disappointed her twice by getting quite ill and not dying. LOL

She made the statement that she would have to get an appraisal done on my property in order to help me. WHAT??? She said she would pay for it. WHAT??? She also said she thought "we" could make some money on it.

She got mad when I told her I would have to think about it, because when something sounds too good to be true, it usually is. She said she is my sister, and if I couldn't trust her, who could I trust. WHAAAAAAAAAT?????? She has a very convenient memory, methinks. LOL

Anyway, no way am I going to let her have a financial stake in my house, so I'm definitely saying no. Besides, I really don't want to go anywhere else. Yes, it's frustrating that my house needs work, but it will get done eventually, so I'm perfectly happy staying right where I am.

I went back home 16 years ago. My family drove me so crazy that I left again. I didn't speak to anyone in my family except my mother for 10 years. I don't want to go back. It may sound seductive, but I know them, and it will only end up with them taking everything I have, and leaving me broken hearted again.

Anyway, end of story. I just wanted to vent a little, I guess. Thanks for listening.

Comments (31)