SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cherryfizz

Like I Would Steal a Poinsettia!

Cherryfizz
16 years ago

My brother Paul took me to the store this afternoon to get some of my baking supplies so I could get a start on my baking since I haven't heard from my sister yet.

He took me to my brother David's store. I invited David to stop over during the holidays for tea and also invited my 2 adult nephews James and Davey to stop over with their girlfriends.

As I was going up and down the aisles Paul stood and talked to David when he wasn't busy wheeling his customers carts to their cars and helping them with their groceries. His customers love him and some have followed him from every store he managed or owned.

He gave Paul a big poinsettia plant for me and marked "no charge" on it.

When I was going through the checkout I mentioned to the cashier that my brother David gave me the poinsettia and wrote "no charge" on it and initialed it. She didn't believe me. Granted, I didn't look my best because my hair was all flat and I had no makeup on but I am not about to lie about a poinsettia. Maybe I looked shifty. LOLOL

I understand she was just doing her job but I think if I was going to steal something I wouldn't tell her about it and she could have inquired about it more discretely.

She still didn't beleive me so she went to another cashier and asked her about it. She told the cashier she better page my brother. Good grief! I held up the line because my brother had left the store and they couldn't find him.

Finally, she called my nephew Davey over and said "this lady" said there is no charge on this poinsettia plant" Davey looked over and said "of course there is no charge, she's my Aunt, why would she lie about a plant" LOLOL

Gosh, I felt pretty stupid while standing in the line and holding it up. I almost walked out without the plant but I really wanted it for my kitchen table. LOL

I don't pay for the bags either but I didn't bother mentioning that to the cashier.

The same cashier didn't say anything about the elderly women who emptied a box of clementines and stuffed at least a half a box of clementines to the box she already had. LOL All the cashiers saw that yet I was the one that was singled out. She was the one stealing not me. LOL I spent over $100, yet I was going to steal the poinsettia. LOL

Paul was surprised the girl gave me such a hard time and didn't believe me when I said David was my brother. Why would I admit to that if it wasn't true. LOLOL

LOL I guess we don't look alike.

Anne

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz