SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lilliepad_gw

Update on little Alex

16 years ago

Sorry,I don't have time to find the original post but everyone who has been praying will know who this is.As you all know the doctors don't give much hope that Alex will ever be anything but a vegetable.Last week they removed the breathing tube and he has been breathing on his own ever since.They moved him out of PICU Friday.Today they put a feeding tube in his stomach and he came through the surgery just fine.That's 2 surgeries in a week.They said there is no activity in the part of the brain that controls speech and motor functions.Last brain scan was Thursday and there was no activity.They don't plan to do any more scans in the near future.Say there is nothing else they can do medically.He is basically still asleep or in an unconscious state but they are still giving him large doses of anti-seizure meds.I don't know the purpose of that.Yesterday the physical therapist was working on him and turned him onto his stomach.When she turned him over he said,"NO NO!" Everyone in the room heard it.Sometime during the night his daddy was awakened by Alex jabbering.Before this he was saying some words but not putting any sentences together,just normal baby jabbering.That is what he was doing.Sooooo.......Keep praying for this little guy and the family.Thanks again everyone.I know the KT power is working!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations