SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathsgrdn

Why don't I remember to bring a camera?

Kathsgrdn
16 years ago

Do you ever take a trip somewhere and then wonder why you didn't bring along a camera? I did today. Lauren and I went to Midway, KY this afternoon. We went Christmas shopping in this little bitty, small college, touristy town. Cute as can be main street with a bunch of expensive shops up and down it, mostly antiques.

One shop had leather horse stuff, saddles and those things that go over their heads and and in their mouths...reins? And bags, shoes, expensive shoes. I knew it wasn't a store we needed to go in but Lauren just had to see what it was all about. She spotted some girrafe looking boots and got grossed out because it felt real. She thought they were cool until she touched them. Almost $1200 boots!

Then we ate dinner at an overpriced cafe. It's was cute inside, but the food wasn't great.

I didn't think I'd ever find an ornament, which is what I was really looking for but found one for the swap. I also found two Moose ornaments for the kids for Christmas to commorate our trip to Yellowstone. I bought them in front of Lauren but I don't think she even noticed and I didn't tell her what or who they were for. She was too busy looking at the gawdy jewlery.

I wonder if she was switched at birth because we do not have the same tastes in clothes or jewelry. She likes big, bulky, (ugly) rings. I like petite ones. Before we left I found one of my tiny rings I bought in my 20s, Black Hills Gold and a tiny diamond. I told her she could have it since it no longer fit me. But it only fits her pinky and then barely! Her hands are as big as mine and her fingers are alot chubbier than mine! She's going to tower over me in another year or two just like Alex does.

Anyway, the trip there was beautiful, even in the winter, with no leaves on the trees hardly. Lots of beautiful horse farms along the way, old stone fences, neat old houses. Wish I had my camera. ) :

Comment (1)