SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
janie_ga

Ladies, need medical throughts

janie_ga
14 years ago

This might be TMI for the guys! LOL

23 of the past 28 days, I have been bleeding. For 24 years, I had a cycle every 27 and a half days. It was SO regular that you could set a clock almost to the hour of when I would start! Two days of moderate to heavy bleeding and 5 of the annoying "piddle" bleeding.

Past 6 months or so, it has been heavier and seemed to be every 21 days instead of 27. I have been so busy I was not sure if it was more often of if I was just losing track of time (I lose track of time ALOT!).

My mom had a hysterectomy at about age 40. I think it was for "heavy, non-stop" bleeding and fibroids (?). (I am delaying asking her because I do not want to freak her out unnecessarily.) I am 36 now. She started having a period at age 16 and I was age 12. So we both started having issues about 24 years into having periods. I am the oldest female of the cousins so I cannot base much on family genetics but my mom's sister also had a hysterectomy in her early 40s- but her system had always been a little weird.

Anyway, I an MD appointment Monday at 1:30, earliest I could get in. While I would love to stop having periods, I am keeping my fingers, toes, and eyes crossed that there isn't anything too major wrong.

I figure she will refer me to a GYN. I do not have one in WV so I am starting with my MD at student health. They have a GYN on staff but I think she/he probably focuses on birth control with the younger college students. I also want to have one in Morgantown in case they have to do anything 'major" so I can be at the campus hospital.

Anyway, I could use thought Monday. And until then because I am getting totally pissed off at this whole situation!!!! LOL

Thanks,

Janie, who thinks hysterectomies or SOMETHING should be elective surgery covered by insurance- periods are such a pain when you have no intention of procreating!!!

Comments (19)