SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
linda_in_iowa

I beat the Expedia price, then I got my room comped

linda_in_iowa
16 years ago

Yeserday DS and I went to Des Moines to see the Rockettes Christmas Spectacular which was fantastic.

Yesterday morning I went on Expedia looking for a room in Des Moines since a big snow storm was coming in. After I found where I wanted to stay, I called the hotel directly and got a better rate plus I did not have to pay the Expedia fee.

One of the Presidential candidates (not a front runner) held a Christmas party at that hotel last night and the candidate was there. The party got out of hand and folks had trouble remembering their room numbers. We got awakened at 2:15 a.m. by a hotel staffer knocking on our door trying to help a drunk find his room. I called the front desk and complained. One hour later I called the desk again to let them know I could not get back to sleep after being awakened. The desk clerk told me my room had been comped and I owed nothing. As I checked out this morning the desk clerk told me how much trouble they had with the drunks waking people, trying to get into the wrong room.

Get this, that same candidate is holding a New Years Eve party at that hotel.

The desk clerk said they had to comp several rooms last night.

Comments (5)