SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ruskitd

Plz, may I rant? (eBay sellers)

RuskitD
12 years ago

I very very rarely rant, but this is bugging me! I have been an eBay member since early 2000. In that time I have bought over 500 things on eBay. However, my feedback doesn't show it.

I have 180 fbs. In about 1/3 of my purchases did the seller bother! Of them, half of them were given AFTER waiting a week after I left fb for them and sending a cheerful, friendly message to the seller saying I left them positive feedback, hope they would do the same for me.

99% of the time I use buy-it-now. I pay for it the instant I have bought it. When I bought at auction, the longest it took me to pay was 4 hours.

I always leave fb the instant my item arrives.

I have never left bad fb. I have always focused on the positive of the transaction.

Yet, in order to get fb from the people I gave my money to, I have to beg?

To me, the fb is a 'thank you' for your business. I am sure the sellers check out my fb to see if I am a risk. I could/should have much more fb!

Several times I have been tempted to buy from them again, but I don't bother. If they can't take time to give me fb, I can't see taking time to help them make money.

Power Sellers, the busiest, are consistently the best to leave it without begging for it.

Are eBay sellers going with a corporate attitude? Take the money, and never say 'thank you'. I guess they don't care about my business, they figure someone out there will buy.

As of today, I am going to start looking at the feedback the seller has left for others, before I buy. I would rather spend my money with someone who gives fb, and pay a little more, than someone who gladly takes my money and can't say thank you other than an automated email. Grrrr!

(thank you! I feel a wee bit better)

Comments (11)