SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
heather_on

Our adopted family dynamics have changed...

heather_on
16 years ago

Project Share is a food bank that also does the Christmas baskets for our city. We adopted a family for Christmas and they gave us a mom, dad and 2 year old girl as our family. We went out and bought food and gifts for their family that were age appropriate. We were also giving a food voucher for them to pick up their own turkey and perishables closer to Christmas. Just before we called to arrange with the mother when she would like the things delivered, we got a call from Project Share.....

It seems that this family no longer lived in our city but wanted the items delivered to the adjacent city. They were also on their new city's list so they were double dipping. Project Share found this out when they investigated.

They gave us a new family....a single mom with a 12 yr old and a 15 year old girl and then a 17 yr old boy.

I doubt they will like the gifts and food we already bought for the 2 year old! We will donate that stuff to Project Share as they are short on toys for that age group.

So back out shopping I go to find age appropriate things for the teens and food that hungry teenagers will like. We were asked to get a weeks worth of food for our family plus all the fixings for Christmas Day. We will get everything but the perishables and give them them a gift voucher for the turkey and perishables.

Fa la la la la! This is making Christmas exciting for me!

Comments (8)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH