Houzz Logo Print
dotmom_gw

If you still have your Mom

14 years ago

Please sit down with her and ask her about the recipes she has made over the years. SamKaren's post about dumplings got me to remembering some of the things my Mom used to make. She made little hard dumplings, that I remember we called Navy dumplings. I don't know why. I don't remember what she boiled/simmered the dumplings in, but the next day she would slice the left over dumplings and fry them in butter. Another dish she used to make that my Sis and I remember really liking is a spinach dish. It was canned spinach, cooked in a frying pan and soda crackers were involved. Sis and I have tried several times to duplicate this dish, but it isn't ever right. It is possible that the taste and our enjoyment has only gotten better in our minds . So before its too late, write down those beloved recipes and also ask her about her memories and record those too.

Comments (25)