SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bettyswwa

A recipe you might like to try....

bettyswwa
16 years ago

This is our new favorite dessert - good for an easy and quick dessert to take to whatever. Always get asked for the recipe. I think it was from the Country Woman 2006 Christmas book. The first time I made it I accidently used a large carton of Cool Whip and everyone liked it so much that I now use that amount all the time. If it puffs up a lot in the middle as soon as I take it out of the oven I put a paper towel over the center and kind of pat it down a little leaving it puffy at the edges. Hope you enjoy it.

Cream Puff Dessert

1 cup water

1/2 cup butter

1/4 tsp. Salt

1 cup flour

4 eggs

Filling:

1 pkg. (8 oz) cream cheese, softened

2 1/2 cups cold milk

2 pkg. (3.4 oz. Each) instant vanilla pudding mix

Topping

1 carton ( 8oz.) Cool Whip

Chocolate syrup

In a saucepan over medium heat, bring the water, butter and salt to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Continue beating until smooth and shiny. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.

Pour into a greased 15 x 10 x 1 inch pan. Bake at 400 degrees for 28 - 30 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.

For filling, in a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, milk and pudding mixes until smooth. Spread over the crust; refrigerate for 20 minutes. Spread with whipped topping.

Store in the refrigerator. Just before serving, drizzle with chocolate syrup.

Yield: 15 serving.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz