SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathsgrdn

We almost were in an accident tonight!

Kathsgrdn
15 years ago

I worked 8 hours today, called before I came home because I really didn't want to make dinner and asked Alex if he wanted to go eat out somewhere. He said "yes", for once (he's not much for eating out), because he wanted to pick up some games and a mouse for his computer. He also wanted to drive and needs more hours to get his license.

On the way home, right before we got into our city limits, someone came up behind us in a 45 mph zone, doing about 80 mph, went around us, nearly hitting the corner driver side of our car and got in front of us. I told Alex the guy was probably drunk and to slow way down because I thought he was going to hit the guy who was in front of us. He passed that guy too, only there were four other cars in both lanes in front of him so he went in between them! He hit someone in a white car who was in the left hand lane sending them into the median and he went in the opposite direction off the right side of the road. I told Alex to pull over and stop. Called 911 and then got out to see if anyone was hurt. No one was, thank goodness. We turned our emergency lights on and sat there for a while trying to get back out on the road but cops started to show up and more traffic, driving too fast.

We finally got home and Alex got on the computer and IM'd his best friend only to find out that it was his brother who got hit in the white car and the other guy was drunk. Apparently he caused more than one accident in Frankfort, where we had just come from. I stayed up to watch the news but nothing about either accident mentioned. I hope no one was hurt in the other one/s either.

I worry about Alex driving, especially being a boy and hope he is careful when he starts driving on his own and now knows to stay far away from crazy drivers if he can. Four more teenagers were killed yesterday in KY. They were driving on ice and snow in the southern part of the state and hit a coal truck. They showed pictures of their car and the whole top was gone. Makes me scared to death knowing my son is going to be on his own shortly too.

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County