SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
paula_pa

Update on my mom

paula_pa
13 years ago

I wanted to post an update and thank you for your prayers.

So they told us that her organs were shutting down and that she may not last through the night on Friday but today she was ready to be moved out of ICU again. The oncologist had ordered steroids that night and they (or maybe it was the KT prayers!) gave her a dramatic improvement by the next morning. I saw the pictures of her lungs myself (they had left them up on the computers in the hallway outside her room in the ICU) and it was an amazing difference from Friday night to Saturday morning.

This is not permanent, the lymphoma is still in her system and even though it is typically very treatable, she just can't tolerate the treatment. Steroids aren't a cure but they can give her more time, hopefully. If she really feels better they may try an oral chemo but she can't handle anything more than that.

For someone who is so weak, it's unbelievable how she keeps coming back (I think this was her fourth trip to the ICU in the past couple of months), but it doesn't take much to send her body into distress so it's really a day by day thing.

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Buckeye Restoration & Remodeling Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Central Ohio's Premier Home Remodelers Since 1996