SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jasdip1

Update on My Mom

Jasdip
13 years ago

Since you all have been consistent in your wishes and prayers, I thought it was time for an update.

She's still in ICU, and apparently, soon as there's a bed available, she'll be put in a private room.

She's off the respirator as of yesterday and has the little oxygen nostril thingy, off and on throughout the day. Her breathing is good. She has some moisture, or a rattle in her lungs though that she never had before. They keep asking her if she smokes (no) or if she has asthma (no) or if she uses a puffer (no). She might end up by using a puffer though if this continues.

The only complaint is that she's parched, so thirsty.

She's not allowed to drink, can only have a sponge/swab on a stick. I keep putting it in her mouth and she's in heaven, to be able to suck on it.

Her sense of humour is there, in full force; so "she's back."

She keeps saying how well-fed Wally is (has gotten a lasagna, pot of chili and I'm having him over tonite for roast beef) and she can't even have a glass of water! He'll be gaining weight and all she wants is (sing) cool, clear, waater.

LOL

*** What is truly remarkable about Mom's recovery is the surgeon told us there's an 80% mortality rate. Thanks to YOU, my KT friends, and to mom's tenacity; thank God, she is in the 20% minority.

Jasdip

Comments (21)