SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
junkyardgirl

A lovely day alone

junkyardgirl
16 years ago

I was alone this Thanksgiving. It's not the first, and it won't be the last, I'm sure. I had a wonderful day, nevertheless.

First, I sat in the early quiet, drank my coffee, and watched a love story movie. I usually am not much into movies, but since making the decision to cancel my Directv to economize, I get no t.v. reception, so I've been getting movies from the library. Some of them are pretty old, but it's o.k. I can go online and reserve them, which is nice.

Then I went outside and worked in the yard. The weather has cooled down so that I can finally get to some of that heavy work that I need to do, and can't do in the heat of summer. I trimmed, weeded, and replanted some things. I'm trying to get some things out into the ground and out of pots (less to bring in during the cold spells), and I did manage to accomplish something.

I love working in the yard. It makes me feel so alive, and when it's done, it makes me feel like I've really accomplished something.

All in all, a lovely day.

Oh yes, I did eat something....shrimp scampi with angel hair pasta....yummy! I was going to get a steak, but figured the shrimp would be enough. I never have liked turkey.

Comments (6)