SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathsgrdn

I'm so mad

Kathsgrdn
12 years ago

Why do I still have to take care of crap my ex does or doesn't do? Just got a call from Lauren, after she'd been texting me all day and last night. She's at her father's house now. One of their many unfixed dogs had a litter of puppies. 8 of them! Yesterday there were four puppies left, "something" happened to the others because the ex's wife won't allow them in the house. Now, two more are missing. They are in a 10x10 fenced in area according to Lauren.

Lauren is upset that I won't take them and the mother. She wanted me to originally take all of them after they were born. I told her no. He needs to have his dogs fixed, he needs to take the remaining dogs to the Humane Society. Her excuse is that he isn't working again for awhile???? He works about a 10 minute drive from our Humane Society. Lauren doesn't want to take them to the one near where they live because she doesn't know if they are a no-kill shelter. I'm pissed that she is calling me wanting me to take them in. They have worms, which I really don't want Emily to get. They're going to be "going" all over the place in the house. She wants me to let them stay in my carpeted sunroom, really? I asked her why her father didn't take them to our shelter this morning? He has a car and I know it's an hour drive but that's not my fault.

I love dogs, but I can't save them all. She wants me to save them all. Last week I told her I would take in a shelter dog because they are renovating the back kennels and they are desperate for space now. I agreed to foster this dog for about a month it's going to take them to finish the back kennels and are supposed to pick him up Monday. I also told her I would get a cat-adopt. I must be nuts, I'm not a cat person at all but she loves them and this cat is beautiful so I agreed to have a cat for her provided Emily doesn't try and attack him.

I'm pissed at the ex. The first dog he got when we had first divorced..actually before we were officially divorced was a St. Bernard mix who spent her entire life chained up outside because his girlfriend and later his wife wouldn't allow her in the house and they had no fenced in yard. Now, he and his wife have about 6 or 8 dogs (not sure how many) and only one is allowed to live in the house (the wife's dog). None are fixed. I hear about this every time my daughter and son come back from their father's house.

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest.

Comments (13)