SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
indy_anna

Anyone familiar with Rochester MN or Mayo?

Indy_Anna
15 years ago

As I've talked about before, DH is a medical student. He is interviewing with the Mayo clinic in Minnesota next month. So far, this is the only place he'd consider outside of Indianapolis. It would require me leaving my promising, corporate career, packing up our house, and moving 12 hours away with no friends or family nearby. We have strong roots in Indiana.

If accepted, it would be a great opportunity for him. Of course, MIL says if you plan on just coming back here, what's the point? (in other words, if you go to Mayo, then you should move on to greater things than what Indiana can offer. What she really means is, since you ARE coming back to Indiana, why leave in the first place?) but I digress. It's a great opportunity, but would completely uproot us.

I realize noone can make this decision for us, and that's what makes it so hard. I would love to live someplace else for a while (grass is always greener?). But, both of our families would be devastated. The grandmas see the kids at least once a week. (MIL said "I wouldn't see Jacob again until he was EIGHT!" which we all know isn't true, but I understand her point)

So, what advice can you offer, stories to share, or nice tidbits about Mayo or Rochester?

Comments (15)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!