SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maybee_gw

high blood pressure :o(

maybee_gw
12 years ago

I have what the doctors call "malignant high blood pressure"...they found a tumor in my adrenal gland in '95 which was making the blood pressure problems worse....it's a wonder I didn't have a stroke at that time...my pressure ran very, very high all of the time. Then...I was good for five years and my blood pressure went up again all of a sudden. They found a tumor in my kidney this time and it was malignant. That was taken care of and I've been able to control my blood pressure quite well for eleven years. Except....I can NOT tolerate caffeine. I always get decaf when we go out. Now..my problem...the ones who make the coffee don't realize how important this is to someone and they get careless. We socialize with a little coffee group several mornings a week. Yesterday, the girl must have put caffeine coffee in the decaf pot....I had such a problem yesterday with my blood pressure...if it had gone up one more little bit, I was going to have to go to the ER (I probably should have, but I rode it out). I felt sooo bad. So...I don't know whether to say something and hope it does some good or just quit drinking coffee out....or take my own decaf and pay for the hot water and cup. I hate to give up this coffee-drinking time...it is fun for us.

Comments (20)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!