SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dances_in_garden

Bloody Mary and her friends

dances_in_garden
13 years ago

Had blood taken yesterday (I am a regular customer). I go there so often I have nicknames for the staff. Oh, I am sure they have real names. But that would require me to actually pay attention and all that.

My favourite is "Raoul". He is funny and very very good. Never feel a thing, even though he always promises me "Now don't worry. This is going to hurt. A lot".

Then there is Bloody Mary. She is okay, but something about her technique causes me to bleed for hours. I can sit there holding a cotton ball onto my arm until it turns blue and falls of (my arm, not the cotton ball) but guaranteed I will still end up with a sleeve full of blood later in the day.

Then there is Big Red. Very very long flame red hair, can take a truck load of samples and while not completely painless (she pinches), I never ever get a bruise later. If only she didn't use a three foot long piece of that tape every time. You know, the stuff that eats through your skin and is impossible to remove even after soaking?

Yesterday, I got Teri Hatchet. You can literally see every blood vessel through my skin, and yet she poked that needle in three times, plus wiggling around and STILL had trouble getting a sample. Can you say yeeeeowch?!?!? "You must be dehydrated". No, you must be BLIND because there is no vein anywhere near where you just jabbed me, sweetie.

Today, the condition of my arm makes me look like an intervenous drug user with bad aim and a penchant for self mutilation.

Dances - who thinks this blood sample thing is getting a bit old.

Comments (14)