SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ritamay91710

Gizmo

ritamay91710
16 years ago

thanks to everyone who sent up good thoughts for my little guy.

well, his mouth is a mess, which I knew to some extent. But he is a wiggly, somewhat uncooperative boy, so I admit, I never really pressed the issue to take a good look.

Let me give you a little background on Giz. I found him in the trash at the apt. complex we used to live in. He followed me back home, and I thought to myself "Lord, I already have 2" so then my plan was he could be our outdoor cat, and I would feed and water him, but that would be it. Well, in the middle of the night, I heard this un-godly noise, I am sure that it was him and some other cat, so there hubby and I go...out looking for him. We of course found him, and hubby says "well, you can't leave him out here now" lol.

After we got him in, I noticed that his front leg was severly swollen, and twisted.... an older wound, not from the encounter he had just had.

So, off to the vet the next morning, about $ 1,000.00 later, and he was ours. He didn't even have a name, and we just spent all this money on him. LOL!!

So basically, he is somewhat of a feral cat, that, with a lot of love has really become a great cat. Not as overtly loveable as our other 2, but in his own way.

So, to make a long story short (ha ha), they took bloodwork, gave him an antibiotic shot, sent home antibiotics, and some kind of oral rinse, (which he hates)

and an estimate to have a dental. She said that sometimes a really bad infection, and bad teeth can make it look really bad in there, but did not rule out cancer. But at least I left with a little bit of hope.

Thanks again guys, you are the best, and sorry this got so long.

Rita

p.s. Rita.... I am so lame, I don't even know how to post a pic. I need to read my book.

Comments (2)