SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
workoutlady

Grandparents what memories are you making

workoutlady
9 years ago

I have an 18 month old granddaughter. When we found out that she was going to be born, I started a sort of letter to my granddaughter where I told her about her. I spoke about how big she was each week during the pregnancy, how her mom was feeling, what was happening in our lives etc. I've keep this up now for the past 18 months. I've been writing down little things that her mom has told me when I talk to her on the phone - and I've written down what happened during my visits to her house. Not everything I write down is good news. I've included bad news such as deaths and job losses but I say nothing that I would not want her to know someday.

Fast forward to now and we found out that they are having another baby in June. Yay - fun. But now I realized, I need to start a new letter for the new baby. Yikes - this is going to be a challenge. I don't want the next baby to feel left out at all. We are certainly excited but the excitement is different. I already kept track of the week to week development. Do you think I should be doing this for the next or skip that part? Do I keep track of what her mom says like I did with the first or will this be boring to her. After all, they still have the letter on the first baby.

I think my fear is that I'll write something on one letter that will contradict the other letter. After all, I'm writing about us to and what we are doing. This almost always leads to a story from a long time ago before they were born.

So here's my question - do I keep this up with both (and possibly more in the future) or do I hit delete and decide this project is just to big? I don't want to hurt any feelings in the future.

Another question, what are you doing for your grandkids for a keepsake?

Comments (6)