SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
azzalea_gw

I am SO sick....

azzalea
13 years ago

... of all the noise and mess in my neighborhood.

For the past YEAR AND A HALF our streets have been in various states of being 'under construction'. Our neighborhood is over 80 years old. First they decided to replace the sewer lines for several blocks around us. While doing that, they kept breaking water mains and gas lines, so eventually, they redug everything to replace those lines. Technically, the streets are 'closed'--but no one pays any attention to the barriers. We all just drive in an out of the neighborhood as needed. Otherwise, we have to park in the next town, about a half mile away. AND that town is being very, very conscientious about ticketing cars left on the street overnight.

We've been living through dirt, dust, potholes you could lose a small child in. The workers turn up at 6--making all kinds of noise (although at least they're starting to work early)--but they quit around 3 in the afternoon????

Finally, about a month back, we got our new curbs and the base coat of asphalt. But we're STILL not done, the streets are still officially closed. A lot of the work that's been done is really shipshod (they 'forgot' to relight my gas lantern when they hooked us up to the new gas line. It was spewing unburned natural gas into the neighborhood until my husband came home from work and noticed). Much of the concrete work they did is really, REALLY sub-par.

And right now? They're using a jackhammer about 3 houses up. I woke up with a headache this morning. This isn't helping....

And when are we going to get our top coat of asphalt?

Okay, vent over. Thanks--LOL!

Comments (3)