SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
michelle_phxaz

Extended family - love 'em or hate 'em?

michelle_phxaz
12 years ago

As for all the cousins, aunts and uncles on my mom's side, she is the youngest of 11 and I have about 65 cousins on that side. I wouldn't know but 3 or 4 if they came and flicked me in the forehead.

My dad's side I am pretty close with, and love them all.

My in-laws: love Jim's sisters, but his brothers argue with anyone about anything, and I can't be around that for more than an hour before I have to leave the house. I am SO glad we left St. Louis, we don't have to hear them bicker. (They are both late 40s-early 50s batchelors who live together and their neices and nephew call them "Uncle Bill and Aunt Scott" because they sound like a married couple.

Jim's sister has 4 kids, the oldest boy (Ryan) was 13 when I met him and I was about 26, Jim and I bought a house within biking distance to their house and he and his friends would come over to hang out with me all the time. Kind of fun, they are all sweethearts, and Ryan and I are still best of friends, and his wife and I adore each other. His sister Stephanie and her husband and daughters moved here to Maricopa about a year ago and unfortunately we just don't have the same connection her brother and I have.

I love my mom and dad inlaws, they are awesome, I got lucky there.

How well do you get along with your extended family, and is it fixable if you don't get along?

Comments (15)