SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ann_in_florida

Garage Sales / Love 'Em or Hate 'Em

ann_in_florida
16 years ago

I just spent two long days coping with having a garage sale and I don't think I can live through ever having another. The first part of the week was spent pricing, duting things off and deciding what I could sell and what I just couldn't part with. On Friday morning, I got up before daybreak and began preparing myself for the day. When I raised my garage door to set up tables (7:10 am) there were already two men there, asking me if I had tools, guns or old coins for sale. The sale was advertised to begin at 8:00 am. Finally, after many such interruptions, I was ready. But...in less than two hours, I was at my wits end and ready to close the garage door. I have a really hard time with all the bargaining and haggleing that goes on at these sales. I love to shop garage sales and if I feel something is worth the persons asking price, I buy. Otherwise, I pass. But... after praying for patience and constantly reminding myse;f that I need to get rid of this stuff and I need any extra money after being laid off for three months, I continued on. This morning, I piled all the leftovers in my car and headed off to Goodwill with a big smile on my face!!!

Comments (18)