SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jasdip1

Cancer Benefit last nite

Jasdip
12 years ago

DH was asked to play in a cancer benefit last nite. There were 4 bands; they weren't paid but were treated like kings.

Tickets were sold, and there was a silent auction. There were 2 quilts that he said were gorgeous and an optometrist donated high-end sunglasses. A one-year membership to a golf club was another gift. There were also $500 gift cards and several other items. They did a 50-50 draw and had $2,000 collected so someone won $1,000.

There was a dinner of spaghetti with meat sauce and garlic bread, which the public bought, but the bands were given all the food and drinks from the bar they wanted for free. Most of the guys just drank water and pop. Some had a beer afterwards.DH goes through a lot of water when he plays. (he's a non-drinker anyway).

They even had a huge dressing room for the bands, and there were 22 guys.

One band was a doo-wop band, and they wore black pants and shirts with pink ties. DH said the ties were the knitted kind they used to wear in the 80's. Do you think they were home-made?

I'd love to find or have someone make a pink tie for hubby to wear on shows like this. He used his pink drumsticks.

One other band was a tribute band to Blue Rodeo called Blue Radio. They were terrific as well.

Anyway he had a blast, money was raised for cancer....always good! and I had to share. I would love to have seen the quilts, he said they were gorgeous.

Comments (9)