SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rosemaryt_gw

Anyone else think that 'travel' is a dirty word??? (pics)

rosemaryt
15 years ago

From 2002 to 2006, my work required almost constant traveling and much of it on airplanes. I took a trip in 2004 where I was away from home (and on the road in different cities and hotels) for almost six weeks.

These days, I'm semi-retired from that work and now I have the deilghtful luxury of being able to stay near home. When I do travel, I either drive or take a train (which I just love). But truth be told, I have no burning desire to "see the world."

Been there. Done that. It was kinda fun at the time but these days, I'm so grateful to have a home of my home and to not have to run around.

Now I plant flowers in my yard and fiddle around the house and it is *immensely* enjoyable.

I'm almost 50 years old. Is that too young to drop anchor and stop traveling? My idea of heaven is being able to stay put and perhaps take occasional weekend jaunts to nearby places. I'm so very tired of running around and living out of luggage.

And a minor part of these is airline travel. I've come to loathe flying so very much. The long lines, the stuffy flights, the bouncy airplane rides (which make me airsick), flying is just a most unpleasant experience for me.

Anyone else here perfectly content to stay home for the rest of their lives? Tell me I'm not the only one...

Ah - and here's part of the reason I love being home. After years of wandering (I moved nine times in five years), I finally have a home of my own (a big one and a little one). This house really is my dream home.

Comments (18)