SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathsgrdn

I'm really trying....

Kathsgrdn
12 years ago

to like our Russian exchange student. But it's hard. I've found out a lot about her that I really dislike. She is one of the most self-centered people I've ever met. She's also apparently making out with boys at football games behind her Russian boyfriend's back. I know she's young but even my 15 year old thinks that's very uncool.

She is always making comments about how popular she is because she's an exchange student, how all the boys are crazy about her. She gets annoyed when her friends aren't right on time to pick her up to take her where she wants to go and will call to tell them they need to hurry because she's getting bored.

I had to work the other night and was leaving the house at 6:30, she wanted me to drive her first to play tennis with some friends. I told her I couldn't be late for work to take her. She just kept trying to get me to take her, which only annoyed me even more.

I also don't like the fact that she has lied to me, had her friends lie to me for her about an unsupervised party. She has to be home at 9:00 pm on school nights and nights I work the next day...and she keeps pushing that back making excuses for why she can't be here on time. Now, I find out that when I went to nightshift for these two weeks she asked my daughter if that meant she could stay out later.

She is also been told multiple times to shower before I get home on nights I work the next day because I have to go to bed around 9:30 to get up at 5:30 am. She will put off shower until the last minute until it's nearly my bed time and I can't even brush my teeth because she's trying to shower. When I've reminded her to go ahead and shower, she will say something like, "ok, ok, ok, 15 minutes..." arghghghhhh! The other day she came home late and went directly into the shower. I made her come out and go to bed. She wasn't happy and when I went in after she washed her face, found a ton of water on the back of the sink again.

A few weeks ago I was ready to throw in the towel and tell them to have her find another family to go live with. Lauren told me I was being too hard on her, this was before Lauren found out about the other boys and a few other things Lauren told me that she doesn't really like about her. Lauren has a new boyfriend and Liza made a comment to Lauren and later to me about how cute she thought her boyfriend was. Lauren made a comment, like "ok...." and Liza then said she had nothing to worry about over and over again. It was just odd.

I had to work nightshift and was sleeping the other day when Liza tried to text message me to pick her up from school. She knew I had to sleep but still, everything is about her and she had to go to Wal-Mart again (we had just gone the night before!) and then come home to get ready for swim practice. Well, I didn't answer because I was sleeping. Later Lauren told me she kept harassing Lauren about trying to find someone to take her to Wal-Mart, one of Lauren's friend's moms or Lauren's boyfriend...Lauren said no. I've already tried talking to Liza about making one trip to Wal-Mart or another store, not multiple ones. I'm not a taxi.

Last month Lauren and her old scout troop went out to Waverly Hills, an old sanitarium that has a haunted house now. They were going to be out late and so all the girls spent the night over the house of the old troop leader and her daughter. It was midnight and Lauren said Liza demanded to take a shower and wanted Mary (the girl who lived there) to ask her mom. I guess she was so adamant that Mary woke her mom up to ask her if it was ok...she said no. Liza got pissed and went to sleep in Mary's room upstairs instead of down in the livingroom with the other girls. Lauren made the comment that Mary never gets mad at anyone ever and she has known her since about 3rd grade...well, Liza managed to piss her off.

I thought it was just me, but I don't think it is. Unless she does something really bad, I've decided to just let it go and wait the school year out.

Our other exchange student, Sola, is wonderful. But, I've decided this is going to be our last year. I don't think I'm cut out for this.

Comments (35)