SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cherryfizz

Thanksgiving Dinner

Cherryfizz
16 years ago

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and are fortified enough to get you through Friday's sales if that is what you are planning on doing.

When I was a kid my Mom used to keep Paul and I home from school so we could watch the parades on tv and then we would always watch Miracle on 34th St. Sometimes she even took us to the Detroit parade and then to Hudson's to visit Santa. That was always a treat. I guess the Christmas season has begun. LOL

Tonight for dinner I hummed and hawed about what to have. I was going to thaw out a boneless chicken breast and have it with salad but decided I just wanted a bowl of Habitant Ministrone soup. I put the soup in the pot and then decided I wanted to have French toast instead so I dipped 3 pieces of ancient grain bread into the eggs with a little parmesan cheese. I didn't have any syrup so the cheese was okay. I was full after eating the French toast so I didn't bother eating the soup.

Around 8:00 as I was settling down to watch Survivor I get a call from my brother Raymond. He rarely calls me. LOL He asked me if I wanted some turkey so I said sure thinking he would bring me over a few slices. He just lives 2 streets over so comes in with a big bag and a box of frozen pizzas. Inside the bag were containers of food. Mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, cranberry sauce, squash and a piece of pumpkin pie with whipped cream on top and TURKEY!

He brought over a whole cooked turkey with just a litle of the breast meat missing. My oh my. He said eat it while it is hot. I didn't tell him I was kind of full from the French toast.

This was the first time Raymond has been at the house since my Mom died and that was not a good night for either of us. He finally got to see my new kitchen and bathroom and thought it was very nice.

After Ray left I called my sister Marjorie up and told her what he had brought. She was surprised and she said she was just had Lipton's Chicken soup for supper. I told her to get in a cab to come over and have turkey but she has to go for laser surgery on her eye tomorrow. She called me a brat and said she wants to move from downtown to the Riverside area so she can get surprises like this too. LOL I did invite her to come after her surgery tomorrow.

So I picked some meat off the bird and gave some to the cat because I didn't have any wet food left for her. She has dry food but prefers the wet. Loki had a couple of bits too but I don't give him much turkey. I just got through heating a small portion of everything in the microwave after talking to Marjorie when I saw car lights in the driveway. I was thinking Raymond was bringing something else.

It was my other brother Paul. He was on his way home from driving his daughter to London so she can get a ride to Toronto. He stopped to use my bathroom. As he was coming up the porch steps I asked him if he wanted to have some turkey and he said he just ate at McDonalds.

Paul comes into the house and hands me a big huge cup of A&W rootbeer with a sack of food. LOL When it rains, it pours. LOLOL There was a double Teenburger and french fries in the bag. I rarely eat fast food hamburgers but if I do have one I usually go for Harvey's or a regular Teenburger - never a double!

I had all this food around me and was too full to eat any of it. I guess I am going to have lots of left overs. Soup, turkey and fixings and a double Teenburger with fries. I couldn't even drink the pop.

I called Marjorie back up after Paul left and said "there's more food" She said "don't tell me, I'm starving" LOL We laughed for a good 20 minutes. It's always feast or famine around here.

I called my SIL up to thank her and Raymond for the food. She said Raymond took 2 days off of work so he could watch the football games so he made them all a Thanksgiving dinner. They weren't home for the Canadian Thanksgiving in October so this made up for it. He had a turkey breast but didn't think it would be enough so he went out and bought the turkey he ended up giving me. Shelley said there was too much food for the 4 of them to eat.

I hope you all had a wonderful day whether you were alone or with your loved ones.

Time to decorate for Christmas!

Anne

Comments (3)