SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mrsmarv1951

I love my new slow cooker!

mrsmarv
15 years ago

I recently purchased a new slow cooker/crockpot. It's the Hamilton Beach 3-in-1, which has 3 different size inserts; a 2-qt., 4 qt., and 6 qt. My somewhat new Rival Smart Pot (I still can't figure out why it's named that LOL) was really ticking me off. Everything, and I mean everything, I made in it boiled and overcooked even on low. So after a couple of years adjusting this and that, and trying to figure out just why it wouldn't cooperate like my old Rival, I stopped trying. I had given my old Rival to my DS...that's love for ya' ;o) That beauty is probably the best one I've owned, but he needed it more than I did so away it went.

Anyhoo, I digress. I've been using the 3-in-1 for almost a month now, cooking everything from sweet potatoe casserole to Osso Bucco and back. Today it's making applesauce for a pork roast with friends tonight. It is sweeeet! Did I tell you how much I really like this one? Not only does it cook the ingredients at the right setting and temperature, but having the choice of using the different size inserts is really a bonus. I ended up getting it for an additional $20 off through Sears online, which was the cheapest of any place I looked, online or in stores. That was a surprise because Sears is usually higher than most. I ended up paying $40.00 online with no shipping because I had the choice of picking it up in-store. Woohoo!

Gosh, it's amazing what tickles me. I'm a cheap date.

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Trish Takacs Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars36 Reviews
Award Winning & Highly Skilled Kitchen & Bath Designer in Columbus