SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
junkyardgirl

The continuing saga of my mother's death and burial

junkyardgirl
15 years ago

Well, I got a call last night from my cousin. My mother was buried yesterday, and I suppose that no one thought I should be notified of when so I could send flowers at least. I heard about it after the fact. Figures. It was my sister's "show", so she wouldn't have wanted me there to steal her thunder, knowing that everyone on my aunt's side of the family would have rallied around me.

I am very angry at my son, however, as he should have let me know. I feel like I've lost everyone in my family, even my children.

My cousin said she went up to my sister and hugged her and said "I love you" and my sister said in a mean voice "No you don't". She said that she expected that, after all the horrible things my sister has done to her, but she was the bigger person, and just said "Yes, I do" and walked away.

My sister buried my mother's ashes in a SACK! With all her money, she couldn't even be bothered to buy an urn from Wal-Mart to bury her...A SACK!!! I cried so hard when I heard that, and just begged my mother to forgive me for not seeing to it that she did not have a better sendoff.

My aunt and her children all called me, once again, but no one from my side of the family. I guess God is trying to tell me that they are my family now.

I will never get over what my sister had done to my mother's memory. I'm sure the people who grew up with my mother who were there will shun my sister now, for being so disrespectful of her.

I'm going to be selling my house and moving somewhere, anywhere. I don't even care anymore. My heart is so shattered, that I don't know what to do.

Thanks for being there for me, KT'ers. I haven't been a faithful poster, or even a reader, and I haven't been there for many of you. I feel like I don't deserve your support and love.

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!