SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alisande_gw

We celebrated the elopers' wedding! (pics)

alisande
13 years ago

As I announced here this summer, my son and daughter-in-law eloped in August. This weekend her family gave them a party to celebrate. It was very much like a wedding reception, and we had a great time. Here are some pictures.

One of the bride's close friends is the pastry chef at our area's most upscale restaurant. Here's the bride and groom with the cake that her friend made.

I took a closeup of the cake for all you KT bakers. It was a carrot cake with cream cheese frosting, decorated with real flowers.

My daughter Suzanne gave the toast. When I take pictures, I hear nothing! After this shot I put the camera down so I could listen to the toast. She did a great job!

"The Bride Cuts the Cake" The party was held in our township building. I'm going to have to learn how to remove backgrounds in Photoshop, as the building was full of unwelcome details . . . like this bulletin board. :-)

Here's the band. It was so nice to hear traditional music and soft pop for a change.

The First Dance.

The Second Dance. After dancing with Leanne, Joe brought her little sister onto the dance floor.

My flash didn't fire, but I love this picture of the bride and her best friend.

And I love this one, too: my granddaughter and daughter. Watching children at the party follow my son around, my granddaughter remarked that she still remembered how much fun it was to ride on his shoulders.

Comments (27)