SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lilly316

Osteoporosis

Lily316
12 years ago

It must sound to you like I'm on a medical kick with my Raynaulds syndrome and boutique doctor posts. Before the doctor left the practice, I had a physical, blood work, pap, mammo, and dexa scan. All turned out well but the dexa scan. I had had one a few years ago and can't remember the numbers, but he called and left a message about the results of this one. I had osteopenia before and still do on both hips at a reading of -2.1 and -2.0 However my spine is -2.9(down from 2.5 before) which is osteoporotic. I take 2000 units of vitamin D, I have never smoked, rarely ever drink and walk five miles a day, two on the treadmill at 4.3mph. I do 12 lifts and 12 legs pushes. Apparently this is not working. I have a huge history. My mother had just a small hump at 91, but her sisters were/are really bad. One died at 90 and had the hump for many years. The other will be 95 next week and is almost bent over. And there's the paternal side. That grandmother and her daughter had bad humps. All of us are small boned. Nothing I can do about that. I used to be 5'6", and I have lost 1/2 to an inch. I weighed between 104 and 112 most of my adult life. My wrists are the size of a six year old. I wear little girl's bikini underwear, size 12. It is what it is. I am supposed to contact my doctor even though he's no longer my PCP. I know he'll want me to take Boniva or another drug, and I don't want to. I've read the lawsuits now pending on Boniva and they released a statement that Boniva does NOT reverse bone loss. I don't want necrosis of the jaw. I took Prem-pro for years thinking it was the "miracle" drug for the bones, heart...Turns out it was anything but. Today they came out and said taking vitamins isn't good for older women and I take 7 every day. Do any of you take drugs for osteo?

Comments (26)