SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisa_fla

Club Stores-Why Do They Do That?

lisa_fla
13 years ago

I went to Costco earlier this week to get a RX for the cat. There is always someone monitoring the 'in' door demanding to see a club card before entering. It is the law here (perhaps nationwide) that anyone can use the pharmacy at these store (the glasses dept too), and you do not have to be a member to do so. Anyway, the cat has been getting fluids for close to 2 years now. I get them about every 2 1/2 months. When I enter I tell the person at the door that I am there for the pharmacy and they wave me in. I actually do have a Costco card, but since I am using the pharmacy I tell them that instead of digging around my purse. Never had a problem. This week I did the same, but the man at the door replied "then why do you have a shopping cart?' I told him I was picking up fluids and they are heavy. He started to say something about the cart again and since my FIL happened to be with me (he's visiting on vacation) I didn't want to make a scene and dug out my card while griping "it would be awfully hard to carry 24 one liter bags of fluids".

Anyway, my question isn't really about the questioning of my pharmacy visit even though it did make me a little mad, but I can see how he might have wondered about the cart I suppose. My question is why waste the manpower checking cards day and night at these places????? Its not like you can go thru the register without a card. Why bother? I can see having poeple checking the receipts of outgoing traffic. Even returns are handled thru a different entrance. I just don't get it. BJ's never does this.

Comments (25)