SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cherryfizz

Genealogy Brick Wall - I Need Help

Cherryfizz
13 years ago

Could someone with access to Ancestry or another genealogy site help me find where a marriage took place.

Marriage between Margaret Chase born in Chadderton/Oldham UK

and Raymond Higginbottom

Margaret is the daughter of Richard Frederick Chase and Mary nee Monks and she was born in 1886

Raymond is the son of Samuel Higginbottom and Hannah nee Booth 1890 Audenshaw Lancashire or Hooley Hill

Raymond emigrated to the US and landed at Ellis Island in 1911. The record says he was Single. He lived in New Jersey with his Uncle J W Booth for a while then he came to Canada where he lived until he died

I cannot find the marriage record for Margaret Chase and Raymond Higginbottom anywhere. I have looked on every index I could find. I don't know if they married in the US, Canada or the UK. I don't know when Margaret came to Canada or if she came to the US first. Their 2nd son Amos was born in 1918 in Windsor, Ontario. Samuel was born before him and I always thought he was born in the UK between 1913-1915 but now I am not sure about that. I have a picture of their son Samuel as a baby and it has an English photographers stamp on the front of the picture. I don't know if the family went back for a visit and the picture was taken then.

Margaret Higginbottom died in Windsor, Ontario Canada in 1922

I am stumped. LOL An English cousin has a family tree for the Higginbottom family on Ancestry titled Higginbottom's of Audenshaw. I can't access that either since I only have the free access which doesn't let me look at that info.

I have spent a few years trying to find this info and so far no luck.

Thanks for helping if you can. If not I will continue searching until I find something or new records are transcribed and put on the free indexes on the internet.

Anne

Comments (11)