SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pammyfay

a question about portable hard drives

pammyfay
12 years ago

I have an Iomega eGo model for my Macbook.

The backup sequence takes a long time (even with the Firewire cord, but I know Firewire is saving me time over the USB), and it goes through the entire process seemingly fine.

But I sometimes wonder whether everything truly is being backed up. For instance, earlier today I uploaded some photos from my camera to iPhoto and put them in a few new albums.

After my backup a few hours later, I decided to check. Clicked on the Iomega icon, clicked on photo library and it brings up iPhoto. I know this sounds like a stupid question, but how can you tell if it's bringing up the copy of the iPhoto program and your photos or the ORIGINAL iPhoto software on the computer?

I guess I just started to think about the what-ifs -- it appears I'm doing it right, but I don't want to find out in that crucial moment after something happens to my computer that the external hard drive is messed up...

Can any techies tell me how to check an external hard drive's work? (I do see a "latest" backup time and date when I clicked on the Iomega icon...)

Comments (5)