SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vique_pa

husband

Vique_Pa
13 years ago

My condolances go out to mscsippy on the loss of her husband. I can honestly say I know how you feel, my husband of 55 years also died unexspectidly on June 16th of this year. I miss him so much, I think I just have to see him come through the door or call my name. I loved him so much and he treated me like a princess. We had six children, I don't think he wanted that many but he knew I did and he wanted to give me what I wanted. I can't get interested in doing anything right now, so I sit at the window with my glass of wine and keep watching for him to come home, even though I know he won't. I pray to God to take me home so I can be with him but I know that is his decision. I found a cassette tape this morning that he made when he was in Thailand with the Air Force. He tells me how much he loves and misses me, how beautiful I am to him and what a wonderful wife and mother to his children I am. He says he is counting down the days when he will be home with me again, and he did come home at the end of the years tour of duty. But I know he isn't going to come home anymore. If I could only have one more chance to look in his eyes, hold his hand and tell him how much I love him and all the things he did for me, I would be eternally grateful. Don't miss the chance to tell the one you love how much they mean to you or you might find yourself in my shoes someday, and believe me, they hurt. Vique.

Comments (55)