SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathsgrdn

Vacation almost over ) :

Kathsgrdn
9 years ago

I went on vacation a couple weeks ago. I had 18 days off to start with but did work overtime one of those days because they were short...so actually only had 16. Back to work Tuesday.

I had big plans to work on the house and yard, but did none of that. Instead I went out to Virginia to see an old friend of mine who was just diagnosed with cancer. Came home and spent the past few days having lunch with old friends I haven't seen in a while.

I just got back from an all day trip to Lexington with one of my friends. We had lunch then went shopping. Me for a few small, cheap bowls since mine seemed to have disappeared. I had a free meal from the little restaurant in Joseph-Beth bookstore so we browsed for a couple hours in there. I really wanted the Stephen King book, Mr. Mercedes but it was $30 and I couldn't bring myself to buy it. Not when Amazon.com is offering it for $18. I think I may eventually just go to the library and borrow it. I keep thinking about retirement and saving money-lol. I did buy The Giver by Lois Lowry. Lauren loved this book and we had seen the movie a few weeks ago. She said the book was better. It was only $6.99 but I almost put it back, because the book is small and I'm not sure it's worth the money. Oh, well...I'll find out in a little bit.

So, we then went to a couple stores, my friend bought Christmas gifts and I found some cheap, cute square bowls. I also picked up a new address book, mine is falling apart.

My house is a mess, so is the yard. It did rain a lot when I was off so I'm not sure I would've gotten much yard work done. Hopefully it will be nice tomorrow and I can get something done out there.

Friday I went out with another friend I hadn't seen in a while. We had lunch in downtown Lexington and then went window shopping and found two art galleries. Not much to look at in either one of them. I don't know why some of the stuff was even called art...but whatever. We both decided we should have become artists. We also found that there isn't much to do in downtown Lexington. A couple little shops, two art galleries and nothing else but restaurants. They were setting up tents for a Japanese festival the next day but that didn't do us any good on Friday.

Does your city/town have lots to do? My friend is wanting to move to a warmer climate and be able to step out her door and enjoy the city she's in. The only place I can think of like that in Kentucky is Berea, an artsy, touristy town down south.

Comments (5)