SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lilly316

My hero dogs

Lily316
13 years ago

It's 96 here this afternoon ,and I and my dogs were inside. I was on the computer and the dogs were resting beside me. We heard the honking of a horn as we often hear. I live on a corner of a quiet street and a busy road. The anti theft feature on todays cars are always going off, and we ignore them unless it's really late at night. My dogs always don't react either. After a minute or two, I was thinking.. all right, already, turn it off or get your kid out of the car. Dogs all of a sudden went nuts and started barking and wanted outside. So I followed them around to my side street where they went to the gate and were furiously pawing at the gate. I looked over and across the street my new neighbor was sitting behind the wheel furiously motioning me. I went over and she hollered because all the windows were up that she was locked in the car and could not get out. She told me to go in her house and get the keys which I immediately did and got her out. She was so hot and sweat drenched and so happy I was home. Ours is a quiet street with not so many cars going by. The busy street cars go so fast they would never notice her. I credit my dogs as being the real heroes here. I reacted quickly when they did. Extra treats for them tonight.

Comments (13)