SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hilltop_gw

Gift or no gift - ideas or suggestions?

hilltop_gw
13 years ago

My son and DIL live half way around the world in the Philippines. Today is her B-day. We don't send mail or packages due to time & unreliability of mail service. In the past I've just sent Happy B-day emails and Amazon online gift certificates.

Also, they both travel a great deal and they are into simplicity (no nicknacks or jewelry and only limited clothing styles for travel ease, etc. Several of their wedding gifts are still in my storage room). On their first anniversary they were in Spain. I emailed the hotel & asked them to put a card in their room saying happy 1st anniversary. That got lost in translation so they got a happy tenth anniversary card. At least they got a chuckle.

Today she happens to be in California on business, but I'm not sure exactly where. Again I'll send her a birthday email, but does anyone have any other suggestions? Online gift suggestions? (Ironically she works for an online Filipino gift service). She's a sweetheart of a DIL so an email & online gift card just seem impersonal. Wish there was a way to show how much we like and appreciate her.

Suggestions?

Comments (3)