SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
secsteve

I'm a Tree!

secsteve
13 years ago

Or so the baby squirrel I helped out this morning thinks. Or at least I think so.

I was doing my mile walk in the neighborhood when I came up on a baby squirrel in the middle of the road. Three ladies who were also walking told me it had been there for quite some time and they couldn't get it out of the road. I tried stomping my foot to scare him into a yard behind it, but all it did was come closer to me. When I stopped it came closer to me and made a leap at my leg. O.K., backed off cuz didn't want no critter up my pants leg and perhaps getting bitten. Hmmm, can't leave it in the road but sure can't just pick it up. So the four of us looked for a large branch and one of the ladies found one. I gently poked at the little one and it leaped onto the branch and I was able to carry it to the tree that I thought had its nest. Oops, wrong tree, but at least it was out of the road and harms way. The three ladies were very happy that I had taken the time to get the little critter out of harms way. I didn't think anything of it, just glad to have help the little one out and prevented it from getting harmed.

Comments (6)