SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nicole_ont

I feel so sad for Sophie.

nicole_ont
15 years ago

Her 6th birthday is Monday, but we're having her party tomorrow. We booked a party room at an indoor playplace and paid for a party for 20 kids (10 friends her age plus their siblings). She's been so excited, and talking about it for 2 months now. The parents are all friends of ours and when they were invited, most said they would be able to make it for sure. A couple said they'd get back to us. I ordered 2 extra pizzas for the adults and fruit and vegetable trays, and the birthday cake I've ordered is HUGE. Sophie and I made up 20 super duper loot bags. In the past 2 days, a bunch of the parents have called to say that something has come up and they won't be able to come.

There are 3 parents I haven't heard back from, so I don't know if they're coming or not. The 2 friends that I know for sure ARE coming are going to be 1/2 hour late.

So her party has gone from 20 friends to possibly only 2. I know she'll still have a great time, but I can't help but feel disappointed. I just had a big ol' bawl (she wasn't around) over the frustration of it all.... could be pregnancy hormones in part too. :)

Comments (30)